Chat room is now dead

Started by Kaesekopf, February 06, 2013, 07:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

LausTibiChriste

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

MundaCorMeum

any chatters?  I'm here for a little while longer.

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

Melkor

Melkor

Optatus

Hop in. A couple of us are here now.

TerrorDæmonum

Chat is technically live as soon as anybody joins it, but I noticed in my time there a few things:

• If you use the forum widget (the "Chat" link at the top of the forum), you don't get the full IRC experience and you might not see people enter unless you are looking at the list on the side. People using other IRC clients usually see more.
  • If you join and immediately leave without saying anything, people in the chat who are not using the widget will see this and might take it personally. If you join, please say something, otherwise, those of us who are in there for long periods of time might be concerned about what is going on. It can sometimes be a parade of people entering and immediately leaving.
  • It is normally rare to enter chat and see a discussion in progress, but people who are in there are usually willing to chat, but if they've been in there for a long time, they might not see any posts quickly as they (we) might be doing other things.
I am (normally) TerrorDaemonum in chat. However, unless you register your chat nick, there is no way to restrict who can use it. I'm registered of course.

If you drop in and someone is in chat but not active (or you don't want to chat with them), and don't want to wait around, at least say "farewell" or something before leaving. You can also leave a message as you exit if you know how.

I'm in chat now of course, and I normally am when I'm at my computer.

EDIT: This is what I mean:

10:49 -!- Irssi: #suscipedomine: Total of 1 nicks [1 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 0 normal]
10:49 -!- Channel #suscipedomine created Tue Dec 21 10:49:58 2021
10:49 -!- ChanServ changed the topic of #suscipedomine to: Our Lady of Fatima, Pray For Us
10:50 -!- mode/#suscipedomine [+rq TerrorDaemonum] by ChanServ
10:50 -!- Irssi: Join to #suscipedomine was synced in 2 secs
12:56 -!- NewPerson [Mibbit@IPMASK] has joined #suscipedomine
12:56 -!- NewPerson [Mibbit@IPMASK] has quit [Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC
          Client]
12:57 <~TerrorDaemonum> See, this is what I mean.

I get up for one minute, literally, and I miss someone.

Jayne

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 21, 2021, 11:21:25 AM
Chat is technically live as soon as anybody joins it, but I noticed in my time there a few things:

• If you use the forum widget (the "Chat" link at the top of the forum), you don't get the full IRC experience and you might not see people enter unless you are looking at the list on the side. People using other IRC clients usually see more.

When I click the "chat" link I get a sad face picture with the message "The connection was reset."  What causes that?[/list]
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.