Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: red solo cup on December 10, 2015, 08:45:25 AM
Season 4 Downton Abbey

Which daughter is your fave?

#rehashingoldarguments
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 31, 2015, 10:48:54 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on December 10, 2015, 08:45:25 AM
Season 4 Downton Abbey

Which daughter is your fave?

#rehashingoldarguments
At my age it's Countess Grantham. But if I had to choose a daughter it would be Lady Sibyl.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Deirdre

Anybody else planning to watch the Sherlock special episode on PBS tonight? You can watch it online, too  ;D:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/features/live-stream/sherlock-abominable-bride/
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

Quote from: Bernadette on January 01, 2016, 05:52:33 PM
Anybody else planning to watch the Sherlock special episode on PBS tonight? You can watch it online, too  ;D:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/features/live-stream/sherlock-abominable-bride/

The feminism theme was unbearable.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Chestertonian

it was weird.  couldn't fllow it

also kept falling asleep
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Deirdre

Quote from: Jayne on January 01, 2016, 09:35:02 PM

I know!  :( Why, WHY did they have to throw that in and ruin it?! What's WRONG with these people?! >:(
My Lord and my God.

Clare

I'm watching old Survivors (1975) episodes.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Greg

I re-watched Survivors recently on YouTube.  I was 7 or 8 when it was first shown on British TV and remember it well.

It actually lasted quite well.  Sometimes TV from a generation ago can be terrible crap.  Like "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo", for example.  I can't understand  how I ever watched that from start to finish.  It's appalling.

I Claudius is another BBC Drama that still works well today.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Clare

Quote from: Greg on January 02, 2016, 01:44:11 PM
I re-watched Survivors recently on YouTube.  I was 7 or 8 when it was first shown on British TV and remember it well.

It actually lasted quite well....
I was only 1 when it was made, so I'm watching it for the first time. (I got the DVDs for my hubby for Christmas.) Seen five episodes so far, and it's very good.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on January 01, 2016, 09:35:02 PM

Oh no! Ugh...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

clau clau

Bikeman4u.   Channel on youtube.  Everything you ever wanted to know about fixing bikes.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

maryslittlegarden

Star Trek (original series)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dymphna17

A whole season of Celebrity; Worst Cooks in America.  It's amazing how many people really have no idea what they are doing in the kitchen.   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica