Quote from: sprungli on November 01, 2014, 03:24:55 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 31, 2014, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: erin is nice on October 31, 2014, 09:41:28 AM
Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on October 22, 2014, 10:01:44 PM
Quote from: sprungli on October 18, 2014, 09:30:13 AM
Masters of Sex

Community

Please Like Me

Masters of Sex?  I watched a few minutes.  No more.

Dude, don't fill your mind with that smut.

I'm pretty sure sprungli is a girl...
She is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

haha, yeah I am a girl. but also not opposed to being called dude.

Right on, dude.

I still say it shouldn't be watched.

JubilateDeo

My husband and my daughter were watching Cut-throat Kitchen on the Food Network.  I wasn't really watching it, I was just cooking while overhearing the show and watching bits and pieces.  One of the contestants said in her bio that she was the daughter of two moms.  I didn't say anything because I didn't want to draw attention to it.  Hopefully it just went over our little one's head.  Then, the contestant kept talking about making her "moms" proud several times throughout the show until they finally turned it off. 

udoc89

Has anyone seen the final "Hercule Poirot"? Don't want to give it away, but it was dramatic and compelling..particularly the end.

LausTibiChriste

I'm half way through Season 2 of House of Cards. I really like that show even if it's chock-full of immoral themes....but the sad part is people like Claire get abortions so they can further their careers all the time...sickening really.

Later tonight there's hockey on  ;D I've watched more hockey in 2 months living in Eastern Europe than I did last year in Canada.  8)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Rose

Quote from: udoc89 on November 28, 2014, 10:34:27 AM
Has anyone seen the final "Hercule Poirot"? Don't want to give it away, but it was dramatic and compelling..particularly the end.

Is that Murder on the Orient Express?
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

LoneWolfRadTrad

udoc89

Quote from: Rose on November 29, 2014, 08:23:22 AM
Quote from: udoc89 on November 28, 2014, 10:34:27 AM

Is that Murder on the Orient Express?

No. It is the last Poirot with David Suchet, the quintessential Poirot. It was  on "Masterpiece Mystery" Thansgiving night. Hercule is dying but has one last mystery to solve. That doesn't give too much away. It is well worth watching.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Pheo

Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: Pheo on December 06, 2014, 09:35:32 PM
Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on November 29, 2014, 04:05:16 PM
The 100

Thoughts on the "acting"?  I lasted 2.5 episodes.

Hit and miss depending on the actors.  The kid from Diary of a Wimpy Kid is decent, so is the kid who plays the revolutionary leader in Continuum, the guy who plays the leader of the space station people is decent, the rest are ok or moderately tolerable. 

Jayne

The 100

It isn't the sort of thing I would normally watch but I watched the last couple of episodes with my 17 year old daughter, as well as the first episode so I could understand the premise.  I find most of the characters annoying which is more of a problem for me than the acting.  However, there is one character who started out as a "bad guy" who has changed into an idealistic, self-sacrificing hero.  A reformed bad guy trying to find redemption for his past mistakes is my favourite trope, so I like the scenes that have him in it.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on December 06, 2014, 09:34:26 PM
Babylon 5 marathon.  :) :) :)

My daughter who was born during the original run of B5 almost got named Delenn. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Jayne on December 07, 2014, 03:14:32 PM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on December 06, 2014, 09:34:26 PM
Babylon 5 marathon.  :) :) :)

My daughter who was born during the original run of B5 almost got named Delenn.

That's cool.  :)

I forgot how much I like this series.  It's held up pretty well over the years.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: Jayne on December 07, 2014, 03:13:25 PM
The 100

It isn't the sort of thing I would normally watch but I watched the last couple of episodes with my 17 year old daughter, as well as the first episode so I could understand the premise.  I find most of the characters annoying which is more of a problem for me than the acting.  However, there is one character who started out as a "bad guy" who has changed into an idealistic, self-sacrificing hero.  A reformed bad guy trying to find redemption for his past mistakes is my favourite trope, so I like the scenes that have him in it.

Uh oh... um... if the character you're talking about is the one I think you're talking about, you may not like the episodes coming up. :P

LausTibiChriste

Right now I'm watching:

Suits...makes me want to be a lawyer if it weren't for the fact I like having a soul

Africa..A BBC documentary presented by David Attenborough. I love these documentaries and Africa is so unique compared to the rest of the world.

Auschwitz...another BBC documentary to brighten up an otherwise gloomy, rainy day  :P
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie