TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Greg

Every series about Colombian drug-lords on Netflix.

El Chapo, Narcos, etc.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

The actor who played Escobar in Narcos is Brazilian, and therefore is a native Portuguese speaker. He had to learn Spanish for the role. Let that sink in as you watch it.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Jacob

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Bernadette

Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. Love a good period drama. :)
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bernadette on September 14, 2017, 06:16:58 PM
Ive seen this.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 16, 2017, 07:13:03 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on September 14, 2017, 06:16:58 PM
Ive seen this.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Dude... that and the Princess Bride?
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Jacob

Quote from: Bernadette on September 18, 2017, 09:47:27 AM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on September 18, 2017, 07:03:11 AM
Have you seen Lark Rise to Candleford?  Similar to Cranford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00gbbl0
No, I haven't seen that. Looks good. :)

My mom watched that show and I caught a few episodes.  It was nice. :)

My brother and I have a running joke about that show where we have created a made-up pastoral town named Larkford.  My brother came up with its full name--Larkford, in the Land of Plenty on the Edge of Forever, a Small Town with a Dark Secret--and we use it to dream up weird Gothic scenarios for what the townfolk would have to keep secret.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Kephapaulos

red solo cup

The final season of Downton Abbey. Like all the others very good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Asbury Fox

The Crown. Absolutely amazing

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Bernadette on September 17, 2017, 07:17:34 PM
Cranford (via Amazon).

Season 1 of 6 - so far, do you find it historically accurate, AF? 
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19