TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryslittlegarden

Just got on the "This is Us" bandwagon.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kaesekopf

I count Netflix as TV, and I just binged through Stranger Things.

What a show.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

kayla_veronica

Recently finished the John Adams mini series and The People Vs OJ Simpson ... both fantastic!
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

maryslittlegarden

I loved the John Adams series. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 25, 2017, 03:39:40 AM
I count Netflix as TV, and I just binged through Stranger Things.

What a show.

Amen. Good old fashioned scary.
Season 2 clip
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ2RGaDBfwI[/yt]
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

red solo cup

Seasons 1-3 of The Churchmen on Netflix. This was a French production with English subtitles. It follows 5 seminarians studying in Paris. They committed pretty much every sin there is. One slept with his dead brothers wife. Two were active homosexuals. One slept with a lesbian and payed guitar in a band that sang extremely vulgar lyrics. They all felt vaguely guilty but not once did the show come out and say what the Church's stance was or why what they were doing was wrong. The pope was portrayed as ignorant and corrupt as was most of the hierarchy. It was mostly infuriating but had a soap opera quality that made one want to see what would happen next.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kephapaulos

Investigation Discovery channel's A Crime to Remember shows some pretty interesting (yet tragic) historical murders that have happened within the past hundred years. They showed the one about the 1966 UT Austin tower shooting. There was another about a guy in the 1950s who placed a bomb in his overbearing mother's luggage to kill her, but it also ended up killing other passengers onboard. No laws were made concerning such a case before.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

Seasons 1 and 2 of Shetland on Netflix. Not bad. The islands are beautiful though the lack of trees is disturbing. I don't know if their portrayal of the weather is accurate but I've yet to see a sunny day. The show is very low key. So low that by the second hour I tend to fall asleep.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

maryslittlegarden

LausTibiChriste

The Killing

It's amazing how Seattle looks exactly like Vancouver.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

kayla_veronica

Just finished re-watching Jericho.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Bernadette

Anne With an E. The screenwriters certainly took plenty of liberties with the plot.  ::)
My Lord and my God.