TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

A second season is not confirmed, but it is likely.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Jacob

Up to episode three of The Crown with Claire Foy and Matt Smith.  So far, it is excellent.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Jayne

I've been watching the new Lethal Weapon series because I liked the movies.  It's pretty good.  It hasn't done anything to annoy me so much that I stop watching yet.  Although I suspect it is merely a matter of time.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Greg

I'm watching The Crown as well.  Can watch it for free on Putlocker.

My wife going a month of Amazon Prime for free as well so I may downloaded the app on the Wii over Christmas and see if there is anything worth watching.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

clau clau

I'm watching 4 seasons of "The Sweeney".  It is a UK ITV Cop show from the 1970's.

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Jacob

Quote from: Greg on December 16, 2016, 07:16:32 AM

What do you think of it so far?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Prayerful

Is the Netflix Medici, Masters of Florence any good?
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Greg

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2016, 10:22:09 AM
Quote from: Greg on December 16, 2016, 07:16:32 AM

What do you think of it so far?

Little slow, but watchable.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Jayne

I watched "Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective".  It was very loosely based on the book, with a completely different characterization for the eponymous hero. In some ways he was more like Dr. Who than Dirk Gently. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I can see it appealing to SF genre fans but I don't expect it to have general appeal.  Those who liked "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" (the better known work by the same author) have a good chance of liking this.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

red solo cup

Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton. Lots of vulgarity and profanity and some brief nudity. Still reasonably watchable.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

Season 2 of The Man in the High Castle. Shudder. Strange how the Nazis in the show never use the word "Jew."  :huh:
My Lord and my God.

erin is nice

Quote from: Jayne on December 19, 2016, 03:49:46 PM
I watched "Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective".  It was very loosely based on the book, with a completely different characterization for the eponymous hero. In some ways he was more like Dr. Who than Dirk Gently. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I can see it appealing to SF genre fans but I don't expect it to have general appeal.  Those who liked "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" (the better known work by the same author) have a good chance of liking this.

I loved it and I can't wait for the next season. I typically find Elijah Wood obnoxious but he was fantastic.

piabee

Endless football. It always seems to be football season at my brother house. College yesterday, NFL today.

zork

Walking Dead - season 6
Bob's Burgers - season 5
Twilight Zone - season 5
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.