TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Agreed, totiusque.  I saw Bomer doing an ad for some pro-homo stuff around the same time I was through most of White Collar, and was really sad they were pushing the homo agenda heavily through that.  I try not to watch much TV now, mostly because I don't have all that much time, and because things like that perturb me.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

Greg

I watched the first two episodes of Prison Break, then skipped the the episode where they tie up the warden and escape and the one after that when they are on the run and make it to the runway only to find the jet fly off over their heads.

Seemed like a lot of death and mayhem just to get one guy out of jail who was a screw up anyway and had shacked up with a woman he did not love and produced some teenager with her who hated him.

Would it not have been easier to just let his brother be executed rather than killing a score of people just to free him to carry on his screwed up life?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

piabee

Quote from: VeraeFidei on January 10, 2014, 11:27:03 AM
Sherlock season 3! We managed to convince BCC one's website that we are in the UK. Third episode is on Sunday, looking forward to it.

How did you manage that? I can usually find them online to stream but I didn't bother with this season because it's airing here in a couple weeks anyway. I re-watched the first episode with my brother last night because he hasn't seen them. It was interesting to go back to it after watching a lot of Elementary. Sherlock Holmes NEEDS to be in London.

I just bought a pair of pink shoes like the corpse's. :o

Basilios

If you need a way to watch TV shows online when they are being blocked because your location, use ProxMate (a quick google search will give you the extension).

It's awesome. Works for Youtube, and lots of other places.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

piabee

Current Downton Abbey discussion starts on page 11.

Kaesekopf

Downton Discussion:

[spoiler]Episode 3 what?  I don't know.  One of my friends told me someone got raped on the show, and right from the get-go, I could tell it was Gillingham's valet and Anna.  Which perturbed me.  I think the writers are trying to push the envelope and continue to rack in ratings, which is disappointing.   The annoying thing too is that there is hardly any calm for Bates/Anna.  Like, can't they just be settled and happy and married for more than two episodes until someone comes along and jibbers it all up?

And, whomever said it before - the show currently has more than enough drama than needing to throw in a rape in there.  Like, cmon.  Between Edith (who hardly gets any screen time, even though they threw an entire story arc with Sybil over two seasons), Tom (whiny Irishman - oh I don't fit in even though I'm living the life, have few worries, and most of my fellow men are probably working in factories or some such thing right now, I don't belong and have it SO rough here, because social skills are HAAARD!), Mary and her orphan. 

Bah.  It's almost getting to be a little TOO soap opera for my tastes.  [/spoiler]

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

The Harlequin King

Lol. The man barely ever has to tend to his kid. Neither does Mary.

Der Kaiser

Re watching seasons 1-2 of Game of thrones. Can't wait for Season 3 to come out on dvd.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

SouthpawLink

Quote from: Greg on January 12, 2014, 08:18:22 PMWould it not have been easier to just let his brother be executed rather than killing a score of people just to free him to carry on his screwed up life?

"Love" is used to justify anything and everything these days.  Besides, the brother was probably wrongfully convicted, so they'll argue that the end justifies the rather extreme means.  :tongue:
"Is there no exception to the rule forbidding the administration of the Sacraments to baptized non-Catholics who are in good faith? In the case of those who are in good health, the prohibition is absolute; no dispute on this point is possible in view of the repeated explicit declarations of the Holy Office" (Rev. S. Woywod, A Practical Commentary on the Code of Canon Law, vol. I, sec. 625, p. 322ff.).

Contrast the above with the 1983 CIC, Can. 844 §3 & 4: "Catholic ministers administer the sacraments of penance, Eucharist, and anointing of the sick licitly to members of Eastern Churches which do not have full communion with the Catholic Church. . . .  If the danger of death is present or if, in the judgment of the diocesan bishop or conference of bishops, some other grave necessity urges it, Catholic ministers administer these same sacraments licitly also to other Christians not having full communion with the Catholic Church." — The phrase "properly disposed" does not save the canon from error, because the context shows that no conversion is expected on the part of non-Catholics ("manifest Catholic faith in respect to these sacraments" is the sole requirement).

Kaesekopf

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 13, 2014, 05:28:39 PM
Lol. The man barely ever has to tend to his kid. Neither does Mary.

That's the funny thing.  They act like raising a kid is so hard.  They don't do anything!  The nurses and nannies take care of them.

Grumble grumble.

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 13, 2014, 04:58:03 PM
Downton Discussion:

[spoiler]Episode 3 what?  I don't know.  One of my friends told me someone got raped on the show, and right from the get-go, I could tell it was Gillingham's valet and Anna.  Which perturbed me.  I think the writers are trying to push the envelope and continue to rack in ratings, which is disappointing.   The annoying thing too is that there is hardly any calm for Bates/Anna.  Like, can't they just be settled and happy and married for more than two episodes until someone comes along and jibbers it all up?

And, whomever said it before - the show currently has more than enough drama than needing to throw in a rape in there.  Like, cmon.  Between Edith (who hardly gets any screen time, even though they threw an entire story arc with Sybil over two seasons), Tom (whiny Irishman - oh I don't fit in even though I'm living the life, have few worries, and most of my fellow men are probably working in factories or some such thing right now, I don't belong and have it SO rough here, because social skills are HAAARD!), Mary and her orphan. 

Bah.  It's almost getting to be a little TOO soap opera for my tastes.  [/spoiler]

We probably won't even bother with this season. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

totiusque

Quote from: Archer on January 16, 2014, 11:35:09 PM

It gets better.  Still not as good as the first two seasons, but the rest of the season is much better than those first few episodes (my wife and I almost gave up watching as well).  And the Christmas Special ends on a much more positive note than last season.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Kaesekopf

Quote from: totiusque on January 18, 2014, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: Archer on January 16, 2014, 11:35:09 PM

It gets better.  Still not as good as the first two seasons, but the rest of the season is much better than those first few episodes (my wife and I almost gave up watching as well).  And the Christmas Special ends on a much more positive note than last season.

This is not saying much.  :lol:

Habitual_Ritual

Call the midwife.  Great show based on the memoirs of an English midwife in the 50s in London.Season 1 on netflix.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)