Warframe

Started by Southern Ascetic, March 12, 2014, 08:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern Ascetic

Just downloaded and installed this game, it's free to play. Man, it's sweet. If you like sci-fi games, you should check it out. It's available for PC and PS4 (I believe).

Elizabeth

Hi Ascetic!

I know nothing of games, so I am curious as to whether you think this game would be OK for a teenager?  (I'm trying to find a suitable reward for one of my boys). 

If you have any suggestions for games without unholy occultic themes, I would be very grateful.  I'm not squeamish (rather enthusiastic) about action-packed smashing down of bad guys and demons.  I just don't know which games are themselves satanic.

The Harlequin King

It really depends on what he likes. There are a lot of games I enjoy that might be age-appropriate, but that your son would think are boring.

What system were you looking for a game on? If it's PC, does the computer have a graphics card made for gaming?

Wicked Papist

I played Warframe for a while and got bored.  In order to advance you pretty much have to buy new frames and weapons, build them, and discard whatever you already mastered.  Unless you want to pay into the game, of course.

I don't know of any games which are satanic.  If you want to allow your kids to play video games, then there's no reason why you can't also play with them so you know what's going on.

Why do these posts not count to the post count?

The Harlequin King

Wicked Papist: because these posts are really for people to play word games and the like, not for discussion about real video games.

Elizabeth

Quote from: The Harlequin King on March 12, 2014, 10:27:17 AM
It really depends on what he likes. There are a lot of games I enjoy that might be age-appropriate, but that your son would think are boring.

What system were you looking for a game on? If it's PC, does the computer have a graphics card made for gaming?

Thanks HK!  I am open to suggestion, especially because of your appreciation of Medieval concepts!  I know they liked Sky Rim.

He plays on XBox 360. 

The Harlequin King

Cool. Skyrim is truly a massive game. Before getting a new one, I'd first consider if your son has already finished the main story of Skyrim and if he's played the DLC's (downloadable contents, meaning add-ons that you can buy to expand the game). Skyrim has two story DLC's (Dawnguard and Dragonborn), and one that's just for building houses (Hearthfire).

I don't have an Xbox 360 myself, so my recommendations are limited to games that also have PC or Playstation 3 versions. For medieval or fantasy games, Dragon Age: Origins is really good and happens to have an Xbox version, but I can only recommend it to adults. What else..... the Xbox has a really good sci-fi RPG (role playing game) called Mass Effect, which I think is suitable for teens. The original came out in 2007, so it should be pretty cheap now, especially used copies. It's a very sequential series which has to be played in order, so be sure not to buy Mass Effect 2 or 3, unless it's the trilogy bundle.

Elizabeth

THANKS H.K. 

My son is eagerly awaiting news from you.  I told him about how interesting you are.  So I will see if he has the DLCs--I think he was talking about them but I didn't understand the acronyms. 

I'll see about Mass Effect.  Cheap is goooood. Seriously, thank you.

Kaesekopf

I think the King is on retreat for the rest of the week.  Just FYI.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Elizabeth

Thank you, dear Kaese.  (and prayers for a fruitful retreat)

The Harlequin King

Just checking for any important messages before bedtime. Yes, Elizabeth, will get back to you on Sunday.

Southern Ascetic

Warframe is a sci-fi game, and I think it would totally be OK for a teenager, but it is rather complicated and make take some time to learn. Some of the warframe suits are rather female body hugging, but there is no immodesty, cussing, or anti-God type stuff in the game. It's very neutral in that respect. It's a normal sci-fi fantasy game, without blood and gore, but it does have fantasy type violence. You are fighting off alien hordes. It is a PC game, so if you don't have a gaming computer, it might be hard to run.

Christknight104

Quote from:  from The Harlequin KingCool. Skyrim is truly a massive game.

FUS RO DAH!

[yt]YOxVjbGvUpI[/yt]

[yt]Ip7QZPw04Ks[/yt]
Quote from: The Harlequin King on March 12, 2014, 03:24:13 PM

I don't have an Xbox 360 myself, so my recommendations are limited to games that also have PC or Playstation 3 versions.

The Playstation is the superior console anyway  :P

It is a shame that online play is not free anymore though. Then again, I have not been playing much video games lately anyway.

When I start a family and and work, I don't  think I will have time for video games whatsoever.

Christknight104

Quote from: The Harlequin King on March 12, 2014, 03:24:13 PM
What else..... the Xbox has a really good sci-fi RPG (role playing game) called Mass Effect, which I think is suitable for teens. The original came out in 2007, so it should be pretty cheap now, especially used copies. It's a very sequential series which has to be played in order, so be sure not to buy Mass Effect 2 or 3, unless it's the trilogy bundle.

Was not Mass Effect somewhat controversial in our increasingly secular and progressive society since it allowed players the chance to pursue homosexual relationships? Bear in mind, I do not doubt that Elizabeth's son is nothing but a fine traditionalist who would not choose to play in such a manner that would render such scenes. However, the option still remains, and this  may be a consideration for Elizabeth. Is there a way to skip the romance scenes altogether,  even the straight ones, or are they integral to the advancement of the plot?

I admit, I have not played Mass Effect myself, since I am not fond of Role Playing Games or RPGs.  No doubt, Mass Effect is a spectacular game with high reviews and a deep and engrossing plot.  My secular friends who are passionate gamers love the game and have recommended it to me.

Christknight104

When it comes to Sci- fi games, I recommend Starcraft 1 and 2, one of the best strategy games created. While Starcraft's plot may not be as deep as Mass Effect's story, it ss still very entertaining and you do care about the characters involved in the Koprulu Sector, from Jim Raynor, and  Sarah Kerrigan to the heroic and virtuous Protoss.

I know that HK himself has posted that he is quite the connoisseur when it comes to Starcraft's story.

If your son should take up Starcraft, Elizabeth, I would like to invite him to play with my friends and I  online on Battlenet .  :)The online aspect of playing Starcraft competitively I admit is quite steep  for newcomers, but it is still very fun nonetheless. You actually have to use your brains, apart from your quick reflexes, to succeed.

There have been professional players and casters who have made a good living out of Starcraft. In the prestigious University of California, Berkeley, there is even an elective course offered that teaches students the fundamental  complex strategies  of Starcraft.

Casts of professional starcraft games can be very entertaining and fun to watch, this game cast by the famous Huskystarcraft:

[yt]E3Dem_ewIOI&list=TLeEdToIYLQacuAwAS4h5VRe1GatFo7qVG[/yt]