Practicing Catholicism :Sermons and Talks Videos Thread

Started by Acolyte, October 06, 2022, 07:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

Julio

^^That is so beautiful. I want to be a saint and I shall do my best to become one. God bless everyone.

By the way, I've watched that before the same was posted hence this quick reply.

Acolyte

St Alphonsus

Prayerful

Quote from: Instaurare omnia on October 07, 2022, 08:54:13 AMWhen I was in the process of returning to the Church, watching talks by Franciscan Friars of the Renewal helped me a lot. However, their YouTube channel is sponsored by Ascension Press, and while the order was founded as a reform breakaway from the lax tendencies of the Capuchins, it is not a fully traditionalist one. (It is a different order from the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.) It was founded by Fr. Benedict Groeschel as well as some others who have even spoken in favor of Medjugorje. On the other hand, they live among the poor, their sister order keeps to full habits and has many postulants, and one of theirs is among those arrested recently by the FBI for padlocking an abortion clinic. In short, they're not OFM, and to use an overused word, they are indeed "based".

If anyone here strongly feels that this thread should keep to sources exclusively TLM, please say so, and I will respect that request.

The Franciscans of the Renewal aren't trad, but have a great energy and spirit to them. While the Capuchins aren't without merit (like great charitable work in Dublin), Vatican politics can eat away any charism.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Miriam_M

In addition to the full sensus traditionis (Fr. Ripperger) conferences, sermons, and videos (Click on Multimedia when you open this link)
http://sensustraditionis.org/

I sometimes go to the Marian Friars Minor for Fr. Anthony's sermons:
https://www.marianfriarsminor.com/videos

For example, he made one a couple of years ago on The Imitation of Christ. (Select by scrolling horizontally.)

I would also listen to The Meaning of Penance. A third one is the sermon called, If You Can't Be Saved by Innocence, Do It by Penance.

All three are especially appropriate for Lent.

Miriam_M

I regret that over the last 2 days, sensustraditionis.org is not reachable.  If anyone knows what happened to the site, please share.

Acolyte

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 01, 2023, 01:02:53 AMI regret that over the last 2 days, sensustraditionis.org is not reachable.  If anyone knows what happened to the site, please share.

Working now.
St Alphonsus

Miriam_M

Quote from: Acolyte on March 01, 2023, 06:13:17 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on March 01, 2023, 01:02:53 AMI regret that over the last 2 days, sensustraditionis.org is not reachable.  If anyone knows what happened to the site, please share.

Working now.

I don't see the previous menu (of anything, besides Donate and the Mission Statement.)  And I'm using the same computer I was using a couple of days ago, when the site could not be located.  Perhaps it's still in the process of being developed or reorgankzed?

If you click on the red arrow on the lower left, a talk begins, but the talk (I think I know which one it is) is not listed.  There are no lists of anything when I look at the page -- nothing to navigate or select.

Miriam_M

It seems that I am at least partly correct, in that I still don't see menu choices on the landing page.  However, if I put the site into a search engine, and options come up with the search field, such as "Multimedia," then I can get directly to those options in that way. 

It also seems that my assumption about their reconstructing the page is also correct. The layout is different from how it used to be when selecting Multimedia.

ETA: Even at the direct Multimedia link, the three options appear as tabs at the bottom of the page, but none are openable.  Instead, the same red arrow displays on bottom left, with the same talk on the state of charity in the church and world, but no title, no lists, no other options.

Acolyte

Sorry, I misread. I was thinking of Sensus Fideliun YT channel.
St Alphonsus

Miriam_M

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 01, 2023, 11:24:41 PMIt seems that I am at least partly correct, in that I still don't see menu choices on the landing page.  However, if I put the site into a search engine, and options come up with the search field, such as "Multimedia," then I can get directly to those options in that way. 

It also seems that my assumption about their reconstructing the page is also correct. The layout is different from how it used to be when selecting Multimedia.

ETA: Even at the direct Multimedia link, the three options appear as tabs at the bottom of the page, but none are openable.  Instead, the same red arrow displays on bottom left, with the same talk on the state of charity in the church and world, but no title, no lists, no other options.

Updating my last post to report that the site seems restored now.

Acolyte

St Alphonsus

Acolyte

St Alphonsus

Acolyte

St Alphonsus