Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Despicable Me 2
Very Good...funny and excellent art work. A better spy film than most all of the bonds...the only other better spy flick was Disneys Incredibles.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Larry

THE MIRACLE OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA on DVD. Still a very good and touching movie, even if it isn't 100% accurate. Legend has it that this film was Jack Warner's atonement for the pro Soviet MISSION TO MOSCOW made during WWII.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Lyubov

Quote from: Larry S. on July 07, 2013, 08:06:00 PM
THE MIRACLE OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA on DVD. Still a very good and touching movie, even if it isn't 100% accurate. Legend has it that this film was Jack Warner's atonement for the pro Soviet MISSION TO MOSCOW made during WWII.

I didn't realize that the two films were connected. I liked The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima (despite some of the cheesier moments) and I need to watch Mission to Moscow soon.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Larry

Quote from: Lyubov on July 07, 2013, 08:21:45 PM
Quote from: Larry S. on July 07, 2013, 08:06:00 PM

I didn't realize that the two films were connected. I liked The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima (despite some of the cheesier moments) and I need to watch Mission to Moscow soon.

They are only connected in the sense that Warner was sorry he made MISSION in the 1940's when the USA was creating propaganda to justify the Allies alliance with the Soviet's. The Fatima message was very popular at the time, and was known to be anti-Communist, so Warner made this movie as an apology. At least according to some film history books I've read, which may or may not be accurate.
Don't waste your time on MISSION TO MOSCOW unless you just want to study it as an historical artifact. It isn't a very good movie, and makes "Uncle Joe" Stalin out to be a hero.

Lyubov

Quote from: Larry S. on July 07, 2013, 08:33:39 PM
Don't waste your time on MISSION TO MOSCOW unless you just want to study it as an historical artifact.

Yep, that's why I need to watch it. Have you seen it yourself? I want to watch it to see how it portrays the Soviet cosmetics industry.  :)
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

LouisIX

Quote from: piabee on July 06, 2013, 12:23:33 AM
It had a few new angles. But I like zombie movies so I'm biased. We saw it at Alamo Drafthouse, after Hopdoddy's. You know a place is good when you order the black bean burger and you don't miss meat.

Californians...
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

piabee

Quote from: LouisIX on July 07, 2013, 11:49:54 PM
Californians...

Catholics... I never would have chosen a burger place on a Friday but my BFF's BF's roommate was chauffering us around and set the itinerary.

LouisIX

Quote from: piabee on July 07, 2013, 11:55:13 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on July 07, 2013, 11:49:54 PM
Californians...

Catholics... I never would have chose a burger place on a Friday but my BFF's BF's roommate was chauffering us around and set the itinerary.

Oh, it was a Friday.  That changes everything.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Larry

Quote from: Lyubov on July 07, 2013, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: Larry S. on July 07, 2013, 08:33:39 PM
Don't waste your time on MISSION TO MOSCOW unless you just want to study it as an historical artifact.

Yep, that's why I need to watch it. Have you seen it yourself? I want to watch it to see how it portrays the Soviet cosmetics industry.  :)

I saw it years ago on AMC when they actually ran classic movies. I barely remember it, only that it was very hokey. I've never had a desire to see it again, which is unusual for me, because I love to watch and rewatch films from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Hat And Beard

Quote from: rowsofvoices9 on July 06, 2013, 10:20:00 PM
The Bicycle Thief.  Made in post war WW11 Italy using ordinary people as actors and considered one the top 100 films of all time.
You must love Bresson, then. Diary of a Country Priest, Pickpocket, Au Hasard Balthazar, and the Trial of Joan of Arc are all some of the best movies ever(and very Catholic, too).

LouisIX

Quote from: Hat And Beard on July 08, 2013, 06:05:27 PM
The Bicycle Thief.  Made in post war WW11 Italy using ordinary people as actors and considered one the top 100 films of all time.
You must love Bresson, then. Diary of a Country Priest, Pickpocket, Au Hasard Balthazar, and the Trial of Joan of Arc are all some of the best movies ever(and very Catholic, too).

I've heard that Diary of a Country Priest and, of course, Joan of Arc are Catholic, but this is true of his other films as well?

Hat And Beard

Quote from: LouisIX on July 08, 2013, 06:40:22 PM
Quote from: Hat And Beard on July 08, 2013, 06:05:27 PM

I've heard that Diary of a Country Priest and, of course, Joan of Arc are Catholic, but this is true of his other films as well?
Au Hasard Balthazar certainly is. Pickpocket and A Man on Death Row Escaped are both great and have a Catholic trim, however faint. Although he was an agnostic, he made Catholic movies.

stmykearchangel

I'm really interested in this Pacific Rim movie anyone else. If you like monsters and robots this looks awesome!  http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/pacificrim/
The character of Kings is sacred; their persons are inviolable; they are the anointed of the Lord, if not with sacred oil, at least by virtue of their office. Their power is broad---based upon the Will of God, and not on the shifting sands of the people's will...They will be spoken of with becoming reverence, instead of being in public estimation fitting butts for all foul tongues. It becomes a sacrilege to violate their persons, and every indignity offered to them in word or act, becomes an indignity offered to God Himself. It is this view of Kingly rule that alone can keep alive in a scoffing and licentious age the spirit of ancient loyalty, that spirit begotten of faith, combining in itself obedience, reverence, and love for the majesty of kings which was at once a bond of social union, an incentive to noble daring, and a salt to purify the heart from its grosser tendencies, preserving it from all that is mean, selfish, and contemptible. (P.J. Joyce, John Healy, pp. 68-69).

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: stmykearchangel on July 08, 2013, 07:02:05 PM
I'm really interested in this Pacific Rim movie anyone else. If you like monsters and robots this looks awesome!  http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/pacificrim/
most certainly...I was po-ed at this morning radio talk show that was just spewing spoilers...idiotically prefaceing each spoiler with "not to give too much away but......" :censor:
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Adeodatus

Man of Steel, finally. Wifey and I both liked it. A very Christian take on Supes, and an interesting take on Zod as well. The only Superman movie I've ever seen that I actually rather liked.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad