Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 11, 2014, 04:57:53 PM
Quote from: Gerard on February 11, 2014, 12:43:52 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 10, 2014, 05:04:28 PM
I saw the documentary on Archbishop Lefebvre; very well done; it goes through his whole life and has testimonies of his family, the priests that knew him in the Holy Ghost fathers; the people in the missions in Africa, and the priests that were with him from the beginning in the SSPX. I highly recommend this film.  Also, in the "settings" section of the DVD, select "English subtitles", as none of Msgr. Lefebvre's words are voiced over with a translation, so you are listening to him speak in French.

Just curious, does Bishop Williamson appear in any way in the film or is he glossed over completely?
He appears in the scene of the Consecration of the bishops and looks quite distinguished. But the only bishop that is interviewed in the film is Msgr. Tissier; I believe mainly because he was one of the original seminarians that went to speak to Msgr. Lefebvre in Rome, about taking charge of them.  Fr. Aulangnier also gets a lot of screen time for the same reason. As does the parish priest of Econe.
Is there a link where I could see this?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Michael Wilson

V.P. stated
QuoteIs there a link where I could see this? (ref to parts of the C.D.)
I don't know of any; but I haven't looked.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Arun

Movie 43. Stupidest f@#king thing I have ever seen. Don't watch it.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

maryslittlegarden

Star Trek: Into The Darkness, watching it now.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Michael Wilson

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on February 11, 2014, 05:22:17 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 11, 2014, 04:57:53 PM
Quote from: Gerard on February 11, 2014, 12:43:52 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 10, 2014, 05:04:28 PM
I saw the documentary on Archbishop Lefebvre; very well done; it goes through his whole life and has testimonies of his family, the priests that knew him in the Holy Ghost fathers; the people in the missions in Africa, and the priests that were with him from the beginning in the SSPX. I highly recommend this film.  Also, in the "settings" section of the DVD, select "English subtitles", as none of Msgr. Lefebvre's words are voiced over with a translation, so you are listening to him speak in French.

Just curious, does Bishop Williamson appear in any way in the film or is he glossed over completely?
He appears in the scene of the Consecration of the bishops and looks quite distinguished. But the only bishop that is interviewed in the film is Msgr. Tissier; I believe mainly because he was one of the original seminarians that went to speak to Msgr. Lefebvre in Rome, about taking charge of them.  Fr. Aulangnier also gets a lot of screen time for the same reason. As does the parish priest of Econe.
Is there a link where I could see this?
Vox,
here is a link to the official trailer on youtube:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

RedCaves

Predators

A good sequel to the Predator franchise. :)

Habitual_Ritual

Enders Game. Pretty decent take on the book.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

dueSicilie

Romantics Anonymous (a French movie)

Larry

The 1959 Hammer Films version of The Mummy with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Sbyvl36

From 1948, The Big Clock.  This is one of my favorite movies of all time.
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Mono no aware

Wild Strawberries (1957).  Some people's favorite Bergman movie.  Not mine.

totiusque

"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Clare

Attack of the Clones, of course!
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

MilesChristi

Quote from: Clare on February 21, 2014, 04:34:59 PM
Attack of the Clones, of course!

I am so sorry.

Enviado desde mi SCH-I545 mediante Tapatalk

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.