Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Kaiser

Finally saw The Hobbit II last night. Better than the first, but still lame. I will be waiting for the DVD for the third one.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Clare

The Return of the Jedi

This must be the fifth time I've seen this film, and I still couldn't remember much about it except the ewoks!
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Larry

Quote from: Clare on February 01, 2014, 04:07:00 PM
The Return of the Jedi

This must be the fifth time I've seen this film, and I still couldn't remember much about it except the ewoks!

Definitely the weakest of the original trilogy. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher basically phone in their performances. But the stuff with the Emperor, Vader and Luke is great.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Clare

Quote from: Larry on February 01, 2014, 04:56:48 PM
Quote from: Clare on February 01, 2014, 04:07:00 PM
The Return of the Jedi

Definitely the weakest of the original trilogy. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher basically phone in their performances. But the stuff with the Emperor, Vader and Luke is great.
The ending with Vader and Luke was great. I was willing it to end as it did, even though I'd seen it four times already! I last saw it over ten years ago.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

drummerboy

Les Miserables

Hugh Jackman was great, you couldn't tell that he also plays the insane Wolverine character at all; very flexible actor.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Bernadette

Quote from: drummerboy on February 03, 2014, 01:10:37 PM
Les Miserables

Hugh Jackman was great, you couldn't tell that he also plays the insane Wolverine character at all; very flexible actor.

It was surprisingly good, wasn't it?  :) I loved the book, and couldn't find much fault with the movie except for a couple of scenes. I love redemption stories. :)
My Lord and my God.

Sockpuppet

Quote from: Bernadette on February 03, 2014, 10:21:36 PM
Les Miserables

It was surprisingly good, wasn't it?  :) I loved the book, and couldn't find much fault with the movie except for a couple of scenes. I love redemption stories. :)

What's kind of funny is how positively Catholicism comes across in the movie when Victor Hugo wrote the novel as a condemnation of Catholicism.

Arun

Les Miserables

i don't really like that sung one. the old one with john malkovich and gerard depardieu was good though.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

sprungli

Bernadette

Quote from: Arun on February 04, 2014, 02:21:44 AM
Les Miserables

i don't really like that sung one. the old one with john malkovich and gerard depardieu was good though.

I'd love to see that one, but it looks like Amazon only has an abridged version. I might try the version (with Dutch subtitles ??? ) on youtube.
My Lord and my God.

Michael Wilson

I saw the documentary on Archbishop Lefebvre; very well done; it goes through his whole life and has testimonies of his family, the priests that knew him in the Holy Ghost fathers; the people in the missions in Africa, and the priests that were with him from the beginning in the SSPX. I highly recommend this film.  Also, in the "settings" section of the DVD, select "English subtitles", as none of Msgr. Lefebvre's words are voiced over with a translation, so you are listening to him speak in French.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Gerard

Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 10, 2014, 05:04:28 PM
I saw the documentary on Archbishop Lefebvre; very well done; it goes through his whole life and has testimonies of his family, the priests that knew him in the Holy Ghost fathers; the people in the missions in Africa, and the priests that were with him from the beginning in the SSPX. I highly recommend this film.  Also, in the "settings" section of the DVD, select "English subtitles", as none of Msgr. Lefebvre's words are voiced over with a translation, so you are listening to him speak in French.

Just curious, does Bishop Williamson appear in any way in the film or is he glossed over completely?

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Gerard on February 11, 2014, 12:43:52 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 10, 2014, 05:04:28 PM

Just curious, does Bishop Williamson appear in any way in the film or is he glossed over completely?
He appears in the scene of the Consecration of the bishops and looks quite distinguished. But the only bishop that is interviewed in the film is Msgr. Tissier; I believe mainly because he was one of the original seminarians that went to speak to Msgr. Lefebvre in Rome, about taking charge of them.  Fr. Aulangnier also gets a lot of screen time for the same reason. As does the parish priest of Econe.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers