Separate property in marriage?

Started by GiftOfGod, November 10, 2020, 01:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Quote from: Michael Wilson on August 13, 2023, 08:21:01 PMB.T.W. Whatever happened to G.O.G.?

Idk, but it appears that he was a pompous ass.

I am sad that I missed posting and modding from 2020-2022. I could have helped reigned in a lot of trash and filth that found its way here (just look at AlNg).

I don't regret not being around for GoG. 
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

Quote from: Bonaventure on May 12, 2024, 12:34:56 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on August 13, 2023, 08:21:01 PMB.T.W. Whatever happened to G.O.G.?

Idk, but it appears that he was a pompous ass.

I am sad that I missed posting and modding from 2020-2022. I could have helped reigned in a lot of trash and filth that found its way here (just look at AlNg).

I don't regret not being around for GoG.

@Michael Wilson

He ended up being Boniface VIII and then AlfredtheGreat
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Michael Wilson

G.O.G. Was at the beginning a P.A. But he improved over time. He was on the way to becoming a solid contributing  member. Thanks for the update on his newer identities.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Bonaventure

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 12, 2024, 09:47:44 AMG.O.G. Was at the beginning a P.A. But he improved over time. He was on the way to becoming a solid contributing  member. Thanks for the update on his newer identities.

I think that people who read about what is going on in the Church can easily develop an obsession over it. Speaking from personal experience.

Family, friends, and loved ones in "real life" get tired of hearing about it and it gets old pretty quick. I've seen that a lot.

Wife and I rarely engage in "crisis talk." Usually I'll see something Jorge does or says and go on a rant, and she'll chime in "we already know he isn't the pope, who cares! Tend to your son and pray more!"

I think, then, that for these people, who begin obsessing over the "true solution," true Church, should I become ortho/prot, etc., forums like this become their bouncy house.

They can screw around and post weird shit and even be mean and assholish (look at what Boniface VIII said to Chesterton over vaccines) and there are generally 0 Consequences in their "real lives"

james03

Quoteshe'll chime in "we already know he isn't the pope, who cares! Tend to your son and pray more!"

Darn.  Good woman.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"