Genesis 1:27 in Email Sig

Started by Heinrich, January 23, 2024, 05:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 27, 2024, 09:46:20 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on January 27, 2024, 08:55:14 AM
Quote from: OzarkCatholic on January 25, 2024, 10:49:16 PMWhen I was in public ed, I used Latin phrases as bylines-signatures.

I am no longer in public ed. And make thrice as much.

I have reached out to you here via PM. Care to give me practical advice on how my "soft" professional skills can be utilized in order to develop applicable hard skills? I ask this of anyone here, too.

You're a teacher, ja? What are your hobbies other than dreaming of the restoration of the Holy Roman Empire?

Conquering Canada
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on January 27, 2024, 07:47:54 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 27, 2024, 09:46:20 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on January 27, 2024, 08:55:14 AM
Quote from: OzarkCatholic on January 25, 2024, 10:49:16 PMWhen I was in public ed, I used Latin phrases as bylines-signatures.

I am no longer in public ed. And make thrice as much.

I have reached out to you here via PM. Care to give me practical advice on how my "soft" professional skills can be utilized in order to develop applicable hard skills? I ask this of anyone here, too.

You're a teacher, ja? What are your hobbies other than dreaming of the restoration of the Holy Roman Empire?

Conquering Canada

Don't tease me
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

AlfredtheGreat

Christians in the 1st century: be eaten by animals rather than offering a grain of incense to Caesar

Christians in the 21st: Remove that Scripture verse which contradicts the modern insanity. "Ok"

Working at a public school you should have known this wouldn't fly. Why put yourself in a situation that you knew you would have to tuck tail?
These people are crazy

diaduit

Removing the signature is not a mortal sin, burning incense at a pagan god is....thats the difference.

Heinrich

Quote from: diaduit on January 29, 2024, 01:23:09 PMRemoving the signature is not a mortal sin, burning incense at a pagan god is....thats the
Quote from: AlfredtheGreat on January 29, 2024, 12:13:03 PMChristians in the 1st century: be eaten by animals rather than offering a grain of incense to Caesar

Christians in the 21st: Remove that Scripture verse which contradicts the modern insanity. "Ok"

Working at a public school you should have known this wouldn't fly. Why put yourself in a situation that you knew you would have to tuck tail?

Quote from: AlfredtheGreat on January 29, 2024, 12:13:03 PMChristians in the 1st century: be eaten by animals rather than offering a grain of incense to Caesar

What sin free, unstained, 0 degrees from degeneration job you got?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Yes and no. Stuff like this *should* be governed by their user agreement policies (email, internet usage, etc.) put out by the IT dept and approved by Legal. If the policy is nebulous or doesn't exist or otherwise address email signatures, then this could constitute selective enforcement or targeting an individual for Religious belief (a Title VII violation). For example, how many people have signature content that could be construed as discriminatory or otherwise unprofessional? Probably a lot.

IMO, such a policy *should* cover email sigs and should limit them to:

Name
Title
Contact info
Any relevant professional certifications or degrees (this is superfluous, but people love touting their debt babies).

That would prevent anyone from being butthurt over the reality there are only men and women, and prevents actual nonsense from others such as political or immoral content. It also prevents a potential Title VII lawsuit.

As for your other portion of the post re: 1st century vs modern, that's a false equivalency. You would be correct IF and only IF his employer were requiring him to place info in the signature which is antithetical to the Catholic Faith.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Melkor

I never liked you posts. Now I don't like you.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ