Opulence in Restaurant Food

Started by drummerboy, January 05, 2024, 01:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacafamala

American restaurants serve large portions to make the customer feel they're getting their money's worth. They don't care about your health, only that it tastes delicious. Most dishes are loaded with fat, sugar, salt and chemicals.

I prefer to cook at home. I only eat out when I have to anymore. Because at home, I can make great food taste okay--for cheap.   
"I shall die with weapons in my hands."
-St Therese of Lisieux

Greg

Clau Clau and I went to Trump's inauguration 7.5 years ago and stopped at steak house in Pennsylvania.  Can't remember the name of the town other than it began with the letter D and was right on the highway.  Dane?

I had a voucher for a free starter, so did he.  When we tried to use them it said one per table in the small print.  Typical marketing fraud. So we ordered deep fried calamari and got so much of it in just the one starter that I had to finish his steak.

I prefer that to Novo Cuisine bullshit where you get a steak the size of a mushroom.  If the world can produce excess food for the first time in human history then surely better to eat it than waste it.

What really is a crime is the number of plates in British, French and Italian restaurants with 3/4 or 1/2 the food left on them to be thrown in the trash.  And I am not talking the chips (Freedom fries) but half of the fillet of meat or fish
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Greg on Today at 12:05:23 AMClau Clau and I went to Trump's inauguration 7.5 years ago and stopped at steak house in Pennsylvania.  Can't remember the name of the town other than it began with the letter D and was right on the highway.  Dane?

I had a voucher for a free starter, so did he.  When we tried to use them it said one per table in the small print.  Typical marketing fraud. So we ordered deep fried calamari and got so much of it in just the one starter that I had to finish his steak.

I prefer that to Novo Cuisine bullshit where you get a steak the size of a mushroom.  If the world can produce excess food for the first time in human history then surely better to eat it than waste it.

What really is a crime is the number of plates in British, French and Italian restaurants with 3/4 or 1/2 the food left on them to be thrown in the trash.  And I am not talking the chip but half of the fillet of meat or fish

Leaving meat on the plate is a mortal sin. Up there with not finishing your beer/wine.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

clau clau

Quote from: Greg on Today at 12:05:23 AMClau Clau and I went to Trump's inauguration 7.5 years ago and stopped at steak house in Pennsylvania.  Can't remember the name of the town other than it began with the letter D and was right on the highway.  Dane?
I think it was Bear, Delaware (Long Horn Steakhouse)
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Heinrich

In my honest opinion, eating out is horrid. Horrid food, horrid prices. Horrid I tell you.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.