classical music and dances

Started by Michael nameless, November 08, 2023, 07:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael nameless

Do you think it's wrong to listen to classical music that is a little romantic and inspired by ballet? I know the church has always had a strict stance on dance, but would it be wrong to listen to, for example, Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake without it inspiring me to dance?

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

This makes me regret not taking my wife to the Nutcracker Ballet when the Russian ballet was in WI a few years back.  Tickets weren't bad either, but it would've been hard to get there with work at the time.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on November 10, 2023, 10:27:36 AMThis makes me regret not taking my wife to the Nutcracker Ballet when the Russian ballet was in WI a few years back.  Tickets weren't bad either, but it would've been hard to get there with work at the time.

It's awesome to see in person. I saw it at the Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg once upon a time.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

lauermar

Where did you get the idea that dance may be immoral in every case? Not from the Bible.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-dancing/
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Greg

If you are listening, whilst at an orgy, then you definitely don't want the Nutcracker Suite on your Spotify playlist.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.