What a sad joke. Hagiography on Montini just in time for the "canonization".

Started by Antoninus, October 08, 2018, 05:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoninus

https://www.sophiainstitute.com/products/item/saint-pope-paul-vi

From the product description. My comments in parentheses:

you'll come to understand the root causes of secularism (Which his papacy played a large part in promoting)

the risks of globalization (Which he also promoted)

the damage caused by the isolation of young people in the modern world (He isolated millions of  young, middle aged, and old people by gutting the Mass and traditional practices)

and why human dignity must be safeguarded in the face of scientific advances. (How? By writing some weak encyclical that he knew wouldn't be followed and had no intention of enforcing. Casti Connubii from Pius XI was much better and he just needed to invoke that again.)

Absolutely no Catholic I know, whether liberal , conservative or traditional has an iota of devotion to this man. Of course, I don't believe in canonization by acclamation but Montini was both a horrible pope (probably the worst, although Bergoglio may take that title when he is done) and one who no one cares about.

Lynne

This is why I despise modern Catholic publishers who promote stuff like this.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Maximilian

Quote from: Antoninus on October 08, 2018, 05:23:01 AM

Absolutely no Catholic I know, whether liberal , conservative or traditional has an iota of devotion to this man.

Yes, this is a very important point that you raise. Who is praying to Montini? Anyone?

This is one of those "big lies" that is so big your mind can't wrap itself around it. Paul VI as a saint? How can you think of something like this rationally in order to refute it?

He's so not a saint in so many different ways, but you highlight one of the most important.

Quote from: Antoninus on October 08, 2018, 05:23:01 AM

Of course, I don't believe in canonization by acclamation but Montini was both a horrible pope (probably the worst, although Bergoglio may take that title when he is done) and one who no one cares about.

Paul VI was able to do so much damage that no other pope afterwards can possibly match him. If you have a beautiful city, and 1 man comes along and drops an atom bomb on it, no other person who comes along later can possibly cause nearly as much damage.

I guess the later people can sow salt in the rubble, like the Romans did to Carthage, to make sure that it never grows back.

Maximilian

Quote from: Lynne on October 08, 2018, 05:42:28 AM
This is why I despise modern Catholic publishers who promote stuff like this.

Yes, like Sophia. And Ignatius. And Angelus Press.

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Prayerful

The man who tried to destroy and suppress the Mass working alongside Bugnini to that end, who turned V2 from a bad idea of Cardinal Ottaviani and others to a vehicle for every harmful error then prevalent in the Church through malign interventions, who can be strongly suspected of been a sodomite, is no saint. The harm which flowed from what he did, was immeasurable.  Particularly, if Jorge says so, Montini isn't a Saint. Pope Montini did wear a hairshirt and had a high degree of personal piety in his tormented being, but was and is no Saint. I should pray for his soul wherever it might be.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Mr. Mysterious

"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jacob

I discovered Paul VI prayer cards in the rack at my parish this weekend.  Uhhhh!  I actually thought about stealing them for a few moments.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Gardener

Should have. I regularly take free items (books, prayer cards, etc.) and throw them in the trash. Last time I was at the Catholic Center at the mall, I took a few James Martin, Eth.J, books and ripped them in half and put them in the garbage next to the food court.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

VeraeFidei

The Comedy of Errors seems only capable of building upon itself, as we now have to be again subjected to Rorate whining that Pacelli should instead be canonized, and, Oh How Terrible It Is that Pacelli's beloved protege and well-nigh anointed successor gets raised to the altars picnic tables of our Brave New Church.

james03

QuoteSaul VI a saint? I think I'm gonna throw up.

No need.  It takes a Pope to canonize, and Bergoglio is an formal heretic.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Traditionallyruralmom

Quote from: Gardener on October 14, 2018, 10:40:15 AM
Should have. I regularly take free items (books, prayer cards, etc.) and throw them in the trash. Last time I was at the Catholic Center at the mall, I took a few James Martin, Eth.J, books and ripped them in half and put them in the garbage next to the food court.
I took a Pope Francis Environment "encyclical" from our adoration chapel and my hubs kindled the first fire of our heating season with it.  I have a great pic, but no way to post it here  :)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Vetus Ordo

And yet it is the same infallible authority necessary for salvation that forces you Montini down your throat. The epitome of paradox.

And why is Montini so repugnant, anyway? You already have "St." Wojtyla, for God's sake.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Lynne

Quote from: Gardener on October 14, 2018, 10:40:15 AM

Back in my Novus Ordo days, I took it upon myself to "organize" our parish library.  ::) Many books were thrown out. Many of those were signed by their previous owners...nuns.  >:(
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"