Justice Kennedy to retire

Started by Kaesekopf, June 27, 2018, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akavit

Quote from: Lynne on June 30, 2018, 07:03:44 AM
The wonderful thing about having a woman on the court, that then throws out R v W is that the liberals won't be able to blame "The Patriarchy".

They'll blame "Patriarchy" anyway.  Any woman that is against abortion has been cowed/brainwashed by her abusive husband or institutionalized sexism.  All women that are strong and free want to selectively kill their babies (high value babies might be worth keeping given the right circumstances).  The cure is to scream at self-hating women until they support Planned Parenthood and converse in direct quotes from Jezebel.com.

Such is the logic of a feminist social justice warrior.

red solo cup

Has anyone heard about his son and the Deutsche Bank scandal? Funds being laundered for Russian oligarchs? I ask because Kennedy had already appointed his clerks for the term which means he was planning to continue with SCOTUS.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Elizabeth

Quote from: Miriam_M on June 29, 2018, 05:25:30 PM

Think Ginsberg
I mention her almost daily, having had a terrifying first time being forced to use Face Time.
I have begun to look just like her.  I think that's why Justice Scalia said 'hi' to me once at Mass.

Sockpuppet

Quote from: red solo cup on July 01, 2018, 04:01:38 AM
Has anyone heard about his son and the Deutsche Bank scandal? Funds being laundered for Russian oligarchs? I ask because Kennedy had already appointed his clerks for the term which means he was planning to continue with SCOTUS.

If this is true, I wish I could have contributed funds to help make Kennedy's retirement possible.

Would have been money well spent.

Lynne

Quote from: red solo cup on July 01, 2018, 04:01:38 AM

I wonder if Q knew about this...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"