Hello Everyone!

Started by Santarem, June 26, 2018, 01:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santarem

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

PerEvangelicaDicta

Welcome, friend.

I'm having trouble figuring out the primary pic, and the insert.  Would you kindly explain?   :cheeseheadbeer:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Santarem

Gladly sir.

The primary pic is the Cherubim over the Mercy Seat of the Old Testament.  The text inserts refer to the Golden Arrow prayer.  The image insert is the The Holy Miracle of Santarem.

This image grew out of the desire to live in the spirit of the Golden Arrow prayer on a moment by moment basis where we are given the opportunity to suffer with Our Lord for the salvation of poor sinners.

Thank you for living a holy life.

Vetus Ordo

Hi Santarem!

Is your screenname a direct reference to the city of Santarém in Portugal?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote...a moment by moment basis where we are given the opportunity to suffer with Our Lord for the salvation of poor sinners.

what a sublime meditation / way of life.

Xavier's recent thread asked the q 'what keeps you from committing mortal sin?' (paraphrase)  For me, it's the 'moment by moment' awareness of His Presence.  Thank you for your devotion to His Holy Face - I have a beautiful frame of His Face from the Shroud of Turin, and carry pictures of It with me, and attend as many Shroud conferences as possible.
The picture of His Face, rendered from the Shroud, is overwhelming, to think we can see the beautiful Face of Our Savior!  How blessed we are to have It, and now in these evil times He permits man the science - their god - to identify the Origin. Now that is sublime.

It's good to have you here  :)
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Santarem

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on July 12, 2018, 08:08:11 AM
Hi Santarem!

The Miracle of Santarem is a direct reference to the city of Santarem in Portugal because it is the place where the miracle happened. :)

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on July 12, 2018, 08:26:29 AM
Quote...a moment by moment basis where we are given the opportunity to suffer with Our Lord for the salvation of poor sinners.

'what keeps you from committing mortal sin?' (paraphrase)  For me, it's the 'moment by moment' awareness of His Presence.  Thank you for your devotion to His Holy Face

Thank you so much for this post.  It may sound strange but it feels so wonderful to be in a place where holiness is understood and can be discussed.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Santarem on July 12, 2018, 08:41:02 AM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on July 12, 2018, 08:08:11 AM
Hi Santarem!

The Miracle of Santarem is a direct reference to the city of Santarem in Portugal because it is the place where the miracle happened. :)

My bad.

I hadn't read your reference to it in your second post.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis