Communion in the hand is part of Satan’s attack on the Eucharist-Cardinal Sarah

Started by martin88nyc, March 21, 2018, 08:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-sarah-we-need-to-rethink-the-way-communion-is-distributed

QuoteThe head of the Vatican department overseeing liturgy is summoning the Catholic faithful to return to receiving Holy Communion on the tongue and kneeling.

In the preface to a new book on the subject, Cardinal Robert Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, writes: "The most insidious diabolical attack consists in trying to extinguish faith in the Eucharist, by sowing errors and fostering an unsuitable way of receiving it. Truly the war between Michael and his Angels on one side, and Lucifer on the other, continues in the hearts of the faithful."

"Satan's target is the Sacrifice of the Mass and the Real Presence of Jesus in the consecrated Host," he said.

The new book, by Don Federico Bortoli, was released in Italian under the title: 'The distribution of Communion on the hand: a historical, juridical and pastoral survey' [La distribuzione della comunione sulla mano. Profili storici, giuridici e pastorali].

Recalling the centenary of the Fatima apparitions, Sarah writes that the Angel of Peace who appeared to the three shepherd children in advance of the Blessed Virgin's visit "shows us how we should receive the Body and the Blood of Jesus Christ." His Eminence then identifies the outrages by which Jesus is offended today in the Holy Eucharist, including "so-called 'intercommunion.'"

Sarah goes on to consider how faith in the Real Presence "can influence the way we receive Communion, and vice versa," and he proposes Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa as two modern saints whom God has given us to imitate in their reverence and reception of the Holy Eucharist.

"Why do we insist on receiving Communion standing and on the hand?," the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship asks. The manner in which the Holy Eucharist is distributed and received, he writes, "is an important question on which the Church today must reflect."

Here below, with the kind permission of La Nuova Bussola where the preface was first published, we offer our readers a LifeSiteNews translation of several key extracts from Cardinal Sarah's text. 
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: martin88nyc on March 21, 2018, 08:26:53 AM
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-sarah-we-need-to-rethink-the-way-communion-is-distributed

QuoteThe head of the Vatican department overseeing liturgy is summoning the Catholic faithful to return to receiving Holy Communion on the tongue and kneeling.

In the preface to a new book on the subject, Cardinal Robert Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, writes: "The most insidious diabolical attack consists in trying to extinguish faith in the Eucharist, by sowing errors and fostering an unsuitable way of receiving it. Truly the war between Michael and his Angels on one side, and Lucifer on the other, continues in the hearts of the faithful."

"Satan's target is the Sacrifice of the Mass and the Real Presence of Jesus in the consecrated Host," he said.

The new book, by Don Federico Bortoli, was released in Italian under the title: 'The distribution of Communion on the hand: a historical, juridical and pastoral survey' [La distribuzione della comunione sulla mano. Profili storici, giuridici e pastorali].

Recalling the centenary of the Fatima apparitions, Sarah writes that the Angel of Peace who appeared to the three shepherd children in advance of the Blessed Virgin's visit "shows us how we should receive the Body and the Blood of Jesus Christ." His Eminence then identifies the outrages by which Jesus is offended today in the Holy Eucharist, including "so-called 'intercommunion.'"

Sarah goes on to consider how faith in the Real Presence "can influence the way we receive Communion, and vice versa," and he proposes Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa as two modern saints whom God has given us to imitate in their reverence and reception of the Holy Eucharist.

"Why do we insist on receiving Communion standing and on the hand?," the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship asks. The manner in which the Holy Eucharist is distributed and received, he writes, "is an important question on which the Church today must reflect."

Here below, with the kind permission of La Nuova Bussola where the preface was first published, we offer our readers a LifeSiteNews translation of several key extracts from Cardinal Sarah's text. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kirin

Guess we've found the next guy for the role of spiritual patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta

martin88nyc

Well at least we have a guy who is moving in the right direction. I have read that he would (if he could) replace the NO "offertory" with the traditional one and return the prayers at the foot of the altar, not to mention ad orientem. This would be a very big step forward in the restoration of tradition. We cannot expect everybody to become trads over night.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

St.Justin

martin88nyc

Quote from: St.Justin on March 21, 2018, 01:03:15 PM
Look what happened to Cardinal Ranjith..
I cannot find anything. Could you please tell me what happened to him?

St.Justin

Quote from: martin88nyc on March 21, 2018, 02:44:48 PM
Quote from: St.Justin on March 21, 2018, 01:03:15 PM
Look what happened to Cardinal Ranjith..
I cannot find anything. Could you please tell me what happened to him?

He held the same position as Cardinal Robert Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship. He was removed for supporting the same thing as Cardinal Robert Sarah.
"Archbishop Ranjith was appointed Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments on 10 December 2005. He has described the liturgical reforms inspired by the Second Vatican Council as "a mixed bag of results." While praising the use of vernacular languages, he also criticized the "quasi total abandonment" of Latin and the "acceptance of all kinds of 'novelties' resulting from a secularizing and humanistic theological and liturgical mindset overtaking the West." He has also lamented the "banalization and obscuring of the mystical and sacred aspects of the liturgy in many areas of the Church in the name of a so-called Konzilsgeist (spirit of the Council)."

Ranjith opposes the reception of Communion in the hand and standing, once saying, "I think it is high time to...abandon the current practice that was not called for by Sacrosanctum Concilium, nor by Fathers, but was only accepted after its illegitimate introduction in some countries."[3] A staunch supporter of the Tridentine Mass, Ranjith once said that bishops who opposed Summorum Pontificum were allowing themselves to be "used as instruments of the devil," accusing them of "disobedience...and even rebellion against the Pope."[4] He once said, "I'm not a fan of the Lefebvrians...but what they sometimes say about the liturgy they say for good reason."[5]"

Jacob

Ranjith was appointed archbishop of Colombo in Sri Lanka.  Out of sight, out of mind.  No idea if he's retired yet, but yeah, banished to Asia.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Acolyte

Cardinal Ranjith wasted no time once he got to Sri Lanka.

"As reported last year on Rorate the Archbishop of Colombo in Sri Lanka, Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith, has restored in his archdiocese the practice of communion on the tongue only and while kneeling. Last month, on the Feast of St. Joseph, he reiterated in an address to his clergy that this manner of receiving communion is mandatory for all of the faithful in his territory, even during outdoor Masses (emphasis mine):

May I also remind you once again that in all Churches and Chapels in the Archdiocese Holy Communion is to be administered only on the tongue and kneeling. This should be implemented as normal use even at Holy Mass celebrated with the participation of a big crowd outdoors. On such occasions at least the youth and the children as well as the "youthful" should be called upon to kneel and receive the Lord. This is the most appropriate way of expressing our profoundest belief in the continuous and personal presence of the Lord in the most Sacred Host as we acclaim "down in adoration falling, lo! the Sacred Host we hail". And in all our Churches, as an expression of that faith our people should be called upon to receive the Holy Communion, kneeling. And so kindly take steps to fix the altar rails and a cushion line fixed to the ground before the railing so that all could kneel and receive easily. It is also good for us to explain to our people about the teaching of the Church on the Most Holy Eucharist as found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church Nos. 1373-1381"

https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/04/cardinal-ranjith-to-his-clergy.html?m=1

He is still Archbishop of Colombo.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Miriam_M

Pretty clear to me what part of that got him exiled, not that I disagree with him at all:

Quote from: St.Justin on March 21, 2018, 04:35:04 PM
Ranjith once said that bishops who opposed Summorum Pontificum were allowing themselves to be "used as instruments of the devil," accusing them of "disobedience...and even rebellion against the Pope."[4]

The rest of it is simply factually accurate, such as the clergy's widespread violation of Sacrosanctum Concilium, a document that came straight out of the Council.

Xavier

I think +Ranjith is a native Sri Lankan, so maybe he doesn't mind being there; good for His Eminence that he restored some good sense there. Anyway, while we could hope for morr, it's nice to see at least some Cardinals still have a basic sense of liturgical orthopraxis and reverence for the Holy Eucharist. Imo, one of these Cardinals should be elected Pope one day. If, Lord willing, +Fellay or other fully traditional bishops can get close enough to regularly advise them, that's when full restoration can begin.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

CMTV

There is no true sacrament of the Eucharist in the Novus ordo sect.

Sei nicht wie ein Strauß.
Whoever says Pope St. John Paul II was not a Pope, does not have a heart.
Whoever says Francis is the Pope, does not have a brain.
To recognize a heretic as the Pope and resist him at the same time is a modernist heresy and a schismatic act. This is a blatant denial of the dogma of papal infallibility.
For no true Pope should be doctrinally resisted, but obeyed.
www.francisquotes.com

Larry

Quote from: CMTV on March 25, 2018, 08:32:38 PM
There is no true sacrament of the Eucharist in the Novus ordo sect.

That's at least debatable. If the Priest is validly ordained, has the proper intention and uses the proper form, he confects the Sacrament.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

martin88nyc