Collect, Secret, and Postcommunion for Saint Gemma Galgani

Started by Neopelagianus, March 08, 2018, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neopelagianus

Does anyone here have a copy of the Collect, Secret, and Postcommunion for the Feast of Saint Gemma Galgani in the Traditional Rite? I was scavenging the Internet to no avail.
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Der Polka-König

Is there any reason to believe there were actually propers composed for her feast? For most saints, we simply use the appropriate Mass formula from the commons -- in the case of St Gemma, the Mass pro Virgine tantum, in which case the orations are:

Quote from: Collect
Exáudi nos, Deus salutáris noster:
ut sicut de beátæ Gemmæ
Virginis tuæ festivitáte gaudémus;
ita piæ devotiónis erudiámur afféctu.
Per Dominum nostrum...

Quote from: Secret
Accépta tibi sit, Dómine,
sacrátæ plebis oblátio
pro tuórum honóre Sanctórum:
quorum se méritis de tribulatióne
percepísse cognóscit auxílium.
Per Dominum nostrum...

Quote from: Postcommunion
Satiásti, Dómine, famíliam tuam
munéribus sacris: eius, qu?sumus,
semper interventióne nos réfove,
cuius solémnia celebrámus.
Per Dominum nostrum...
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

aquinas138

Quote from: Neopelagianus on March 08, 2018, 06:59:02 AM
Does anyone here have a copy of the Collect, Secret, and Postcommunion for the Feast of Saint Gemma Galgani in the Traditional Rite? I was scavenging the Internet to no avail.

The decree of canonization is in AAS 32 [1940]; there is no mention of a proper office that I see, as there sometimes is. In the decree it does say "memoriam... Beatae GEMMAE die undecima aprilis, inter sanctas Virgines non martyres pia devotione recoli debere." Absent coming across a proper office, Der Polka-König's suggestion is the correct one.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Kaesekopf

You might also try writing or contacting a Passionist to see if they have an old missal or breviary, and ask what the appointed propers were. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.