Author Topic: Novena  (Read 421 times)

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Novena
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:40:42 AM »
Happy Feast of St. Andrew!  His Christmas novena starts today.  It's the kids' favorite novena, so we will be starting it.  We also have Andrew as a namesake here, so it's an extra special feast for us.  I hope God grants any and all Andrews here extra blessings for their day.  I'll include y'all in our novena intentions (everyone, that is....not just the 'Andrews'  ;))

The following users thanked this post: kayla_veronica, dymphna17, Lynne, Fleur-de-Lys, ServusMariae

Offline JubilateDeo

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
Re: Novena
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:05:25 AM »
We're making tea and scones in honor of the feast day, as well as a steak and ale pie for dinner with Innis & Gunn. 

The following users thanked this post: kayla_veronica, Lynne, MundaCorMeum, ServusMariae

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »
We're making tea and scones in honor of the feast day, as well as a steak and ale pie for dinner with Innis & Gunn.

Sounds delicious!

Offline ServusMariae

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:42:47 AM »
I just started the novena too ... in fact, this is the first ever time I prayed a novena in my entire life (because I'm not really a "novena person" - I'd easily give up within 1-2 days at my very worst). Let's pray I can endure this one all the way untill Christmas! ;D

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:50:35 AM »
I'm terrible at novenas!  The kids keep me on track ;)

Offline ServusMariae

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »
I'm terrible at novenas!  The kids keep me on track ;)

Ah Munda ... too bad I don't have kids. In fact, I am The Kid in the house. Gotta set a role model to my parents, on another perspective ... :pray3:

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Be still and know that I am God
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 01:09:08 PM »
I love this novena as well.  It's funny to remember the different things I've said it for.  St Andrew never failed me, but he has sure been creative in some of his answers.   :lol:  The first time I said it, it was so a boy I was madly in love with  ::)  would come back to school after Christmas break.  I don't know why, but I worded my petition asking him to be sure I would see Stephen again.  We ended going up with another family to the area in which he lived.  He served at the Mass we went to, so I got to see him on the altar, but then, like a flash, he was gone.  He went with his Dad to take the Priest to the airport so he get to his next chapel to say Mass on time.  So, technically St Andrew answered my prayer, but...   :shrug: :laugh:

St Andrew, pray for us.   :pray3:
ن
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

“Don’t waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you’ll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master.”– Mother Angelica

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Chestertonian, MundaCorMeum, ServusMariae

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »
I have been doing it years , long before I got married and upto the present.....never had my prayers answered, specifically my dh conversion and of my late brother:(

Ah well must be in the next life I get the answers :)

Handy to do 3 hail and blessed after each decade.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, MundaCorMeum

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »
I have been doing it years , long before I got married and upto the present.....never had my prayers answered, specifically my dh conversion and of my late brother:(

Ah well must be in the next life I get the answers :)

Handy to do 3 hail and blessed after each decade.

definitely helpful to break them up.  We do them before each meal.  My oldest made each person a set of St. Andrew beads, with each group of 5  in a different color, to help us keep track of if we did our prayers or not.

The following users thanked this post: diaduit