Leather Satchel is FINISHED! :D

Started by Bernadette, March 20, 2017, 07:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

My kids bought me some carpet slippers in Almaty, in Central Russia.

No idea what sort of leather they are made from but they are extremely hard wearing on the soles.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bernadette

Quote from: Greg on March 21, 2017, 09:26:13 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 21, 2017, 05:52:35 AM
Quote from: Greg on March 21, 2017, 03:07:23 AM
Overlap on the straps doesn't look big enough.  Commercial satchel makers overlap at least 1" and a quarter to 1" and a half and then sew a double stitched square.  Your one looks susceptible to breaking there.

Do you mean the top handle, or the backpack straps? Or the front straps? Or all of them?

All of them look weak to me.
I see. Well, I'll give them a trial run for a few months, and then re-assess. I had toyed with the idea of rivets at first, but held off figuring I'd use this one as a "test run," and either add rivets later if it became necessary, or just use the bag until it gasped its last breath and then make an "upgraded model" based on how this one did (hopefully with nicer leather- this stuff's economy grade and it shows it).

Quote from: Greg on March 21, 2017, 09:28:05 AM
My kids bought me some carpet slippers in Almaty, in Central Russia.

No idea what sort of leather they are made from but they are extremely hard wearing on the soles.
Nice.  :thumbsup: I might have to branch out in my projects: sturdy carpet slippers sound appealing.
My Lord and my God.