Home altars

Started by Relicario, March 03, 2016, 05:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on March 11, 2017, 12:30:51 AM
Quote from: Sagradocorazon on March 09, 2017, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on March 09, 2017, 05:12:42 PM
I love that picture of the Blessed Mother, Sagradocorazon.  Thank you for identifying it.
Yes, the picture is beautiful. It was actually the cover for a free booklet I unexpectedly received along with something that I ordered. I tore it off the booklet and cut off the title (hence the slightly curved top). Then I framed it. Here are some more Carlo Dolci paintings:

Madonna in Glory

Virgin at prayer

Blue Madonna (probably my favorite).

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Thank you for reviving this thread, Sagradocorazon!  It definitely should be revived now and then.

Carlo Dolci - I'm going to try to remember that name now.  What absolutely magnificent and inspiring art!  Googling (e.g. images.google.com) shows a lot more of his work, e.g.

Mary Magdalen

Everyone has such beautiful home altars!

Wow! So rich in color and also very inspiring images, Non. I love them.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Livenotonevil

This is my icon corner.

It is a little modest, unfortunately - I don't really have access to significant money resources - but I think it's nice.

The candle holders have an icon of the Holy Family and Our Lady Jerusalem.

Keep in mind that I stand when I pray, and I am a tall individual (nobody else in the house really uses it unfortunately).

Full size image:
http://image.ibb.co/cZiKdR/IMG_0068.jpg

I'll add more icons later, but I chose Saint Matthew and Saint Michael because Saint Matthew is whom I was named after (and was my Baptism name) and Saint Michael was my Confirmation Saint.

I also organized it so everyone is facing towards the Crucifixion.
May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.