NHL lockout over

Started by Lyubov, January 07, 2013, 12:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyubov

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU[/yt]

QuoteA tentative agreement has been reached that will end the NHL lockout. The league and its players association reached a deal early Sunday after a marathon 16 hours of negotiations in New York.

The 10-year collective bargaining agreement still must be ratified by the NHLPA.

No start date has been set or how many games will be played.

"We have reached an agreement on the framework of a new collective bargaining agreement," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed early Sunday morning in New York. ""I want to thank Don Fehr. We still have more work to do, but it's good to be at this point."

According to TSN Hockey Analyst Aaron Ward, part of the agreement saw the league come off their demand for $60 million cap in Year 2 of the new deal to meet the NHLPA's request to have it at $64.3 million - which was the upper limit from last year's cap.

Face to-face meetings with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh for 16 straight hours from Saturday afternoon through the early hours of Sunday morning were needed to save the season.

Bettman previously said a regular season schedule of at least 48 games had to start Jan. 19

The lockout has been the second-longest in league history, behind only the one in 2004-05 that wiped out the entire season.

The main highlights from the deal, according to reports so far:

— The CBA will run for 10 years through 2021-22, with an option to terminate the deal after eight years.

— Players receive defined benefit pension plan.

— Owners and players split revenue 50-50 each season, with the players receiving $300 million in deferred "make-whole payments" to ease the transition from previous system.

— A pro-rated salary cap of $70.2-million for the shortened 2012-13 season followed by a salary cap of $64.3-million in 2013-14. The salary floor will be set at $44 million for both years.

— Seven-year limit on free-agent contracts (eight-year limit when a team signs its own player to an extension).

— A maximum salary variance of 35 per cent from year to year, with no more than a 50 per cent total difference between any two seasons in the contract.

— The minimum salary starts at $525,000 this season and reaches $750,000 for the 10th and final year of the agreement.

— Teams can only walk away from a player in salary arbitration who is awarded at least $3.5 million.

— Each team will be given the option of two "amnesty buyouts" that can be used to terminate contracts prior to the 2013-14 season or 2014-15 season. The buyouts will cost two-thirds of the remaining amount on a deal — paid evenly over twice its remaining length — and will count against the players' overall share in revenues, but not the individual team's salary cap.

— Revenue sharing between teams increased to $200 million annually.

— Any player on a one-way contract who plays in the American Hockey League with a salary in excess of the NHL's minimum salary plus $375,000 will have the excess amount charged against his team's salary cap.

— Unrestricted free agency continues to open on July 1.

— The participation of NHLers in future Olympics has yet to be determined. The decision will be made outside of the CBA.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1311128--nhl-lockout-ends-with-tentative-deal-between-league-nhlpa
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Bonaventure

It's time for us to embark on our goal to bring the Cup to San Jose!
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Lyubov

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 07, 2013, 01:11:08 AM

San Jose... I know someone who plays for them.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Lyubov on January 07, 2013, 01:15:53 AM

Oh?

You're a true canuck...hopefully, not a rioting vancouverite.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

jovan66102

Alleluia! And, GO OILERS!!!
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Lyubov

Quote from: jovan66102 on January 07, 2013, 02:12:39 AM
Alleluia! And, GO OILERS!!!

Funnily enough, I know someone who played for them, too!
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Pheo

The Leafs have had a flawless season so far.  2013 = 1967.

As for Gary Bettman (dung be upon him)...the man needs to go.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Kaesekopf

From Imgur, the title was: As a Canadian, my feelings of hockey coming back
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

JoyfulMother

Wooo hoooo!

Let's go RedWings!

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Lyubov on January 07, 2013, 01:15:53 AM

I do, too!

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Roland Deschain

Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 07, 2013, 11:45:29 AM
Wooo hoooo!

Let's go RedWings!

Devils...cough....1995....ahem....
'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Spooky

Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 07, 2013, 11:45:29 AM
Wooo hoooo!

Let's go RedWings!

Go Wings! wheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!