Downside of being fluent in multiple languages from young age.

Started by Philip G., March 24, 2021, 08:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip G.

After some thought, I am quite convinced that women should be careful about learning multiple languages, because there are indeed downsides.  And, it is certainly my opinion that women should not become polyglots.  And, here is why.  In the garden of paradise, before the fall, Adam communicated with God, and Adam communicated with Eve.  Much of Adam's communication with God occurred before Eve was even created.  All the rules regarding the Tree of knowledge occurred before Eve was created.  This means that Adam made use of one language, for when we communicate with God, we do so perfectly through prayer, which is communication by way of the spirit.  Because, God is spirit. 

Eve on the other hand, she communicated with Adam, and she communicated with the serpent, the most subtle of all the beasts.  This represents the maximum capability of women regarding communication.  Eve maxed out her communicative skills by communicating with the serpent.  And, the result was bad.  It follows then, that the more languages women learn, the more they are maxing out their carnal communicative potential.  One might think this is good, for obviously women have the capacity to do so.  But, post fall, this is not a good thing.  The serpent was punished by having to lick the dust all its days, pun intended, and Eve was punished with pain in childbirth.  Why is Eve's punishment significant in this regard?  Who was it that named John the baptist?  It was his father.  Post Fall, it is to be the father to speak the first words to the child, in the form of their name, lest the woman, in her current state of pain, instead of blessing the child with a good name, curse the child as a result of her labors, by giving them a bad name. 

No longer is woman to max out her communicative potential as she did in the garden with the serpent.  Woman is to max out her communicative potential in the formation of her children.  Post fall, the reverse for women, becomes the great potential.  The greatest thing a mother can do for her children is to communicate with them better than any other, and this occurs in the form of one tongue, the mother tongue. 

What about women who do not get married and become mothers you might say?  Eve has one curse as a result of the Fall, she does not have two.  She does however have many natural characteristics that remind her of such vocation, that of Mother, that she cannot avoid or do away with.  And, last I checked, this does not make women happy.  Just as first words, such as the naming of a child, are important, last words, are important.  There is a saying, "it is not over until the fat lady sings". 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Philip G. on April 06, 2021, 04:22:11 PM...This represents the maximum capability of women regarding communication. Eve maxed out her communicative skills by communicating with the serpent. And, the result was bad...

You have certainly maxed out your reasoning skills with this post.

The result is bad. You need help, Philip.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jayne

Thanks to Philip's timely warning, I am going to take Snake off of my list of languages that I want to learn.  :)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Heinrich

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on April 06, 2021, 04:33:32 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on April 06, 2021, 04:22:11 PM...This represents the maximum capability of women regarding communication. Eve maxed out her communicative skills by communicating with the serpent. And, the result was bad...

Maybe he is using irony.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Melkor

Quote from: Jayne on April 06, 2021, 04:38:30 PM
Thanks to Philip's timely warning, I am going to take Snake off of my list of languages that I want to learn.  :)

Lol! I think Philip doesn't like reptiles very much, first his anti-dragon rant and now his snake hatred.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Jayne

Quote from: Melkor on April 06, 2021, 05:57:06 PM
Quote from: Jayne on April 06, 2021, 04:38:30 PM

Lol! I think Philip doesn't like reptiles very much, first his anti-dragon rant and now his snake hatred.

To be fair, all of us ought to hate that particular snake.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Philip G.

Your criticism of that statement is no different from those who criticize a man who believes he can communicate with God through a Catholic prayer.  Thanks to Jesus, such communication for Catholics is common.  For Muslims, not so much.   

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Philip G.

Quote from: Heinrich on April 06, 2021, 04:46:33 PM

Maybe he is using irony.

Yea, St. Francis didn't communicate with the hungry wolf.  St. Anthony didn't preach to the fishes.  Not reasonable.  Tell me where Jesus speaks of reason in the gospels.  Jesus speaks of faith. 

I can understand the body language of an animal by looking at its tail, as opposed to its eye(s).  If you ever wonder why the phrase "eye of the tiger" is significant, it is because, if you are looking into the eye of the tiger, you are dead.  The serpent, it doesn't have a tail.  It is a like type tail.  So, how might one read the body language of such a subtle creature?  My guess is the tongue.  And, that tongue, like the "smooth honey like throat/speech of the harlot", is not so smooth anymore as a result of its curse.  The serpent now has difficulty speaking.  Perhaps that is the last end of the polyglot.  The polyglot can speak to all people, but cannot speak to God.  It would be ironic.  It might even be (partially)symbolic of the forked nature of the serpents tongue. 

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Philip G. on April 06, 2021, 06:59:14 PM

Your criticism of that statement is no different from those who criticize a man who believes he can communicate with God through a Catholic prayer.  Thanks to Jesus, such communication for Catholics is common.  For Muslims, not so much.

I say this with all due respect but it seems like your mental health is degenerating, Philip.

We all can observe that your posts are becoming more incoherent and fantastical as time goes by. This latest rant against women speaking multiple languages is, frankly, borderline insane. You also look angry and resentful. It's not a good place to be in.

In all honesty, you should seek help.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Gardener

An apocryphal story of theological monolingualism:

Hugo Rahner, SJ was once asked what he thought of his brother Karl Rahner, SJ's new book. Hugo replied, "I look forward to when he has it translated into German so I can read it." Karl wrote in German.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Philip G.

Quote from: Gardener on April 07, 2021, 10:26:57 AM
An apocryphal story of theological monolingualism:

Hugo Rahner, SJ was once asked what he thought of his brother Karl Rahner, SJ's new book. Hugo replied, "I look forward to when he has it translated into German so I can read it." Karl wrote in German.

Of false prophets, Jesus said, "By their fruits you shall know them".

Philip G.

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on April 07, 2021, 09:39:26 AM
This latest rant against women speaking multiple languages is, frankly, borderline insane.

It is no rant.  The same principles can be applied to men, but in a different manner.  Which, I will demonstrate.  The story would also imply that men should not dabble/learn about/read the texts of the worlds false religions without a sufficient reason.  Might that be you Vetus Ordo, mr. hopeful fatalist?  Is that why you are so triggered?  I have a catechism by Fr. Cogan that states that such pursuit of religious knowledge is a mortal sin.  The exact words are, "reading non catholic bibles or books about religion". "And when you are praying, speak not much, as the heathens.  For they think that in their much speaking they may be heard."  Searching out all the words spoken to God by fallen man is a perilous endeavor.  Just as women should not become polyglots, men should not become religious pluralists. 

Perhaps this is why I am so triggered by sedevecantists.  I have studied sedevacantism in depth.  By the mercy of God, I never confessed the doctrine, but I was fluent in its regard, and I still am to my satisfaction, but now only choose to speak with a sharp hostility towards.  Because, learning about it so extensively, took a toll on me.  It was not a one way street.  I was a home aloner for a few years as a result, not because I believed that the pope was not the pope, or that the sacraments were invalid, but because the 1962 liturgy/diocesan TLM was not pure enough like the pure pre bugnini liturgy, and the like.  Geography did play a significant factor.  But, it is no excuse.  Let's all have a good laugh, or a good cry.  Stick with the archbishop if you want to learn about tradition.  I thank God I survived that trial.  If I am to be stretched wide, it will certainly not be for the sake of some personality cult, which they, that being all those non una cum papa Francesco usurper liturgies, are in my humble opinion.  And, if the 1962 folks are not careful, they will share the same fate.  The gold, fine lace, and marble cathedral TLM and the hand-holding guitar-playing novus ordo mass are partners in crime.  Whether we like it or not, the source of our salvation, Jesus Christ, is caught in the middle of that chaos.  For the sake of your body, do not add to it.  For the sake of your soul, mitigate it.

Philip G.

I listened to this new sensus fidelium sermon this morning, start listening at minute 9:00 to minute 20:00, and it spoke about gnosticism in our time, with one form relevant to us being the fantasy novel.  But, the main take away is that the gnostic becomes gnostic from dabbling in all religions/belief systems, picking and choosing unto its final end, which is claimed secret knowledge.  So, it may very well be that, translated into the linguistic sphere of my adam and eve example/argument, the polyglot's end may be a claimed secret language.  What might that secret language be?  Might it be serpent tongue?  Is that what they are after?  This is all the more reason for women to steer well clear of polyglot-ism.  God said he will put enmity between the woman and the serpent.  At the root of gnosticism, may be an enmity of man towards God.  At the root of polyglot-ism may be an enmity towards creation.  And, I think a pertinent question arises.  Do you believe the story of Adam and Eve?  In our time, scripture appears to take a back seat to tradition.  Outside of time, regarding the garden of paradise, tradition takes a backseat to scripture.  It is a dogma that Christ, suffered, died, and rose from the dead.  The gnostic is always promoting a secret door.  Is there a secret password in order to open the secret door?  Dabbling and babbling are not unrelated.  John 10:1 "Amen amen I say to you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up another way, the same is a thief and a robber.... john 10:9 I am the door...".

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Philip G. on April 08, 2021, 12:05:10 AM
This latest rant against women speaking multiple languages is, frankly, borderline insane.

It is no rant.  The same principles can be applied to men, but in a different manner.  Which, I will demonstrate.  The story would also imply that men should not dabble/learn about/read the texts of the worlds false religions without a sufficient reason.  Might that be you Vetus Ordo, mr. hopeful fatalist?  Is that why you are so triggered? (...)

No, Philip.

What happens is that I and other people on this forum are concerned for your mental health. Please see a professional.

Philip G.

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on April 08, 2021, 03:54:59 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on April 08, 2021, 12:05:10 AM

It is no rant.  The same principles can be applied to men, but in a different manner.  Which, I will demonstrate.  The story would also imply that men should not dabble/learn about/read the texts of the worlds false religions without a sufficient reason.  Might that be you Vetus Ordo, mr. hopeful fatalist?  Is that why you are so triggered? (...)

No, Philip.

What happens is that I and other people on this forum are concerned for your mental health. Please see a professional.

I think that you are projecting, and should be reprimanded for such behavior.