America's Ruling Class Getting Rattled

Started by Akavit, October 21, 2016, 01:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akavit

Everyone knows that Trump has been crying foul about the rigging of the election process.  That's no surprise as it is something he would naturally do.

Most Republicans seem to be upset by this and it's probably not because of Trump's "disrespect for American institutions" but because they've been playing the same game.  It's well known that the Republican leadership made all sorts of convoluted decisions to shut Ron Paul out of the 2012 primaries.  If they hadn't, he would have won Maine for sure.

QuoteDue to a snowstorm, the Republican party in Washington County (and in various locations in neighboring Hancock County) was forced to reschedule its caucuses for this coming weekend. Yet despite not having results from these precincts, Maine Republican Chairman Charlie Webster declared Mitt Romney the victor in the Maine caucus. Romney, Webster reported, earned 2,190 votes, while Ron Paul finished second with 1,996 votes.

According to the Associated Press, the chairman of the Washington County Republican Party, Chris Gardner, a Romney supporter, called state party leaders and expressed his "complete and utter dismay." Washington County Republican leaders, who moved their caucuses to this coming Saturday after snow made it difficult to meet last weekend, will convene these postponed caucuses this Saturday, and County Chair Gardner is hoping that state party officials will change their mind and accept the results.

He shouldn't hold his breath.

After all, the Republican leadership in Maine refused to accept the results of other caucuses that were completed in time. Eighteen towns that held caucuses in Waldo County reported their results by the Feb. 11 deadline, yet those totals showed up nowhere in the final tally. Nor did the results from Waterville or Belfast make it into the GOP numbers even though the caucuses held in those towns were also completed by the deadline.
Reuters: How Ron Paul Won and Lost Maine

Not to mention the 2012 GOP ruling that candidates needed a majority in 8 states to be eligible for nomination.

QuoteAll four early appointees to the rules committee for this year's Republican National Convention told POLITICO they're prepared to weaken or scrap a rule that could limit the convention's alternatives to Donald Trump.

The four took issue with a rule, originally imposed by Mitt Romney forces in 2012 to keep rival Ron Paul off the convention stage, requiring a candidate to win a majority of delegates in eight states to be eligible for the party's nomination — a threshold only Trump has exceeded so far. If preserved, the rule could block John Kasich or Ted Cruz from competing with Trump at the convention, set for July in Cleveland.
Politico: GOP Wants to Scrap Rule that Helps Trump

And of course everyone knows about the DNC conspiring to force Bernie out of the race when it looked like he was going to win the nomination.

QuoteWhile the WikiLeaks database is searchable, Heavy.com has compiled a comprehensive list of some other intriguing emails about the DNC's treatment of Sanders, including committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz writing that it's "silly" to speculate about Sanders ever being president and Kaplan referring to him as obnoxious.

In an ironic twist, one leaked email reveals deputy communications director Eric Walker mocking BuzzFeed for writing that the DNC had bad cybersecurity.
Huffington: Leaked Emails Suggest DNC Conspired Against Sanders

Anyone think elections are rigged?  Move along, nothing to see here.

Within the past few days one of Indiana's election officials raised the alarm when it was reported that people were unable to access their voting records due to someone having altered information on registration forms.

QuoteLawson said the discrepancies were discovered when voters checked online with the Statewide Voter Registration System to see whether they were registered and could not gain access because their names or birth dates had been changed.

"These records were changed on paper forms, at the BMV and online," Lawson said in a news release.

"At this time, my office is not sure why these records were changed, but we have evaluated the Statewide Voter Registration System and have found no indication it has been compromised," Lawson said in the statement. "We believe this may be a case of voter fraud."

Though Lawson said thousands of tampered forms were discovered, neither office spokeswoman Valerie Warycha nor State Police would reveal precisely how many. Warycha said a number of registration forms each election are changed by voters themselves to provide updated information. In addition, government employees make a certain number of data entry errors. But she said the number of changed registrations this year was much higher than in past elections, which led officials to believe fraud was being committed.
Indy Star: Top Indiana election official alleges more voter fraud

Still no evidence of voter fraud.  None whatsoever.

Wikileaks seems to disagree.

QuoteThere is no US election. There is power consolidation. Rigged primary, rigged media and rigged 'pied piper' candidate drive consolidation.
Wikileaks Twitter: Election Rigged

Still zero evidence of voter fraud according to most politicians and the media.  Despite their loud denials, it's obvious they are totally rattled now.  They've started a campaign to discredit and evidence that might appear in the future.

QuoteFabricated documents purporting to show rigged voting could be posted to create public distrust, say law enforcement and intelligence officials
Time: Russian Hackers May Fake Election Fraud

But no need to worry.  We've been assured that hackers can't actually hit the polling results directly.  Be assured that any evidence of fraud is fake and the final results from the polls are genuine and accurate.
QuoteThese officials also stressed that the large and dispersed electoral operation — conducted locally by states and local authorities instead of a centralized U.S. federal government operation — means that hackers would be unable to actually alter the election's outcome.

Still reading?  Nothing to see here.  Move along.

Akavit

And one last point.

The reason we have Trump vs Clinton is because the Democrats purposefully boosted him during the Republican primaries based on evidence that he was the only candidate Hillary could beat.

QuoteThe mainstream media was more than willing to do the Clinton campaign and DNC's work for them by creating a narrative that the 2016 presidential elections was about Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump.

Jeb Bush, the initial Republican frontrunner, assumed what should have been Trump's role as the Republican Primary novelty sideshow. Sen. Bernie Sanders was blacked out of media coverage, and during the rare instances when he was discussed in mainstream media reporting, it was always under the pretenses that his candidacy was a pipe dream. The media gave Clinton what she wanted; impunity for the corruption, lies, and deceitfulness rampant in her political record, and an opponent who divided his own political party while driving fear and anxiety into her own to the point where enough Democrats and voters would gladly vote for her just to avoid Trump becoming president.
Observer: WikiLeaks Reveals DNC Elevated Trump to Help Clinton

The main reason I want Trump to win is because it's always funny when smart people outsmart themselves.  I am easily amused by mental images of Hillary's face when she learns that Trump trashed her on election day.  Hopefully it happens.

Kaesekopf

I love how the GOP elites are now saying there wont be voter fraud.

Where was this GOP over the last 16 years?  They've been crying foul in elections for most of my life.  Now, the candidate they dont like is warning about fraud, and its nbd.

It's almost laughable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Akavit

It's worth noting that most people (including mainstream politicians) do seem to believe that fraud is commonplace.

QuoteOn Tuesday, President Obama lashed out at the GOP nominee during a press conference at the White House, saying that Trump's gripes are historically unprecedented and that he should stop "whining."

"I have never seen in my lifetime or in modern political history any presidential candidate trying to discredit the election process before votes have even taken place," he said.

Obama's memory must be pretty short, so I've compiled this list to remind him — and everyone else — of eight times liberals claimed an election was or would be stolen.
Federalist: 8 Times Liberals Claimed Rigged Elections

My suspicion is that most people do believe the voting process is rigged by politicians and that is why voter turnout tends to be pretty low.

Frank

I also found the above video pretty informative.
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Greg

Newsflash:  President Obama has just woken up terrified and screaming in soaking wet bedding in what was at first assumed to be a Mafia style warning from the Russians.

Donald Trump, however, is blaming wookieleaks.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jacob

When I was eleven years old, my grandfather was the leader of the local Buchanan Brigade.  Mmmm, that was an insurgency to be proud of.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson