comics website that might be Catholic-family-friendly

Started by Instaurare omnia, November 19, 2022, 11:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instaurare omnia

This website, Voyage Comics, turned up while I was searching for something else. I figured it might be of interest to the parents and teachers out there. Their "about" blurb says,
Founded in 2018 by Philip Kosloski, Voyage Comics & Publishing creates positive, faith-filled entertainment formed by Catholic values.
Mission Statement

Our mission is to create exceptional entertainment, informed by Catholic values, that inspires people to live a heroic life. Through our products, we seek to advance the truth, beauty and goodness found in powerful stories.
Of course, the adults might want to check through it first, but it might become a source of safe and entertaining diversion for the younger ones, against all else that is out there.

Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Lynne

Quote from: Instaurare omnia on November 19, 2022, 11:55:36 AM
This website, Voyage Comics, turned up while I was searching for something else. I figured it might be of interest to the parents and teachers out there. Their "about" blurb says,
Founded in 2018 by Philip Kosloski, Voyage Comics & Publishing creates positive, faith-filled entertainment formed by Catholic values.
Mission Statement

Our mission is to create exceptional entertainment, informed by Catholic values, that inspires people to live a heroic life. Through our products, we seek to advance the truth, beauty and goodness found in powerful stories.
Of course, the adults might want to check through it first, but it might become a source of safe and entertaining diversion for the younger ones, against all else that is out there.

The drawings/art look beautiful.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

diaduit

Amazing find, I just purchased 2 digital versions of Finian and the Seven mountains.