Forming Catholic Children (Frs. Beck & Themann, SSPX)

Started by queen.saints, May 01, 2022, 10:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

queen.saints

This conference is available for only 99 cents from 2010 where Fr. Beck is giving a general conference on parenting.

https://catholicconferences.bandcamp.com/album/forming-catholic-children-frs-beck-themann-sspx

This conference by Fr. Beck from Angelus Press and the books that he's referencing translated by Te Deum Press are also available, but just wanted to share the above one too.

https://angeluspress.org/collections/downloads/products/digital-download-the-art-of-parenting-full-conference
https://www.tedeumpress.com/product/educating-a-child-the-art-of-arts-2-volume-set/
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Maximilian

https://catholicconferences.bandcamp.com/album/forming-catholic-children-frs-beck-themann-sspx

Forming Catholic Children (Frs. Beck & Themann, SSPX)

Streaming + Download
Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
Buy Digital Album  $1 USD
Send as Gift

1. The Essential Ingredient Love (Fr. Beck) 55:58
2. The Nature of Virtue (Fr. Themann) 59:58
3. Discipline Rules 1-3 (Fr. Beck) 58:40
4. Discipline Rules 4-6 (Fr. Beck) 01:12:43
5. Setting Boundaries (Fr. Beck) 01:11:06
6. Self Conquest (Fr. Beck) 01:23:43
7. Purity (Fr. Beck) 01:07:19
8. Sex Education (Fr. Beck) 54:47
9. Good Habits (Fr. Beck) 50:45

We have posted this album for only one dollar, in the hope that it will be widely spread and shared. Please feel free to share these conferences with your friends at no extra cost. Given the importance of Catholic education and formation in our modern society which is so violently destroying the family, we hope these excellent talks will thus be spread far and wide!

These exciting lectures discuss the proper formation of children based upon traditional Catholic principles, and were given November 12 - 13, 2010 at St. Michael's Chapel in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Pope Pius XI points out in His Encyclical on Christian Marriage (Casti Connubii), that "Christian parents must understand that they are destined not only to propagate and preserve the human race on earth, ...but to educate children who are to become members of the Church of Christ, to raise up fellow citizens of the saints and members of God's household (Eph. 2:19)."

Indeed, husband and wife receive their children from the hand of God as so many talents committed to their charge, to be restored to God with interest on the day of reckoning. St. Augustine declares that among the blessings of marriage, children hold the first place, and should be begotten of love, tenderly cared for and educated in a religious atmosphere.

How is this possible in today's modern world? What principles should parents be guided by in maintaining a home life that's happy and well ordered, while at the same time providing their children with the virtue and strength of character called for in this life and in the next? Many good parents have asked these very questions. In response to so great a demand (and given its importance, especially in our age so hostile to the family), these conferences were given to provide parents with the essential building blocks of a good Catholic home: love and discipline.

Based upon the understanding that Education is truly an art (and therefore governed by definite principles), Fathers Beck and Themann establish these same principles in light of the Catholic faith, and help parents to understand practically what they can do in their own homes to raise their children well for the world they'll be going into. These talks are sure to be of great benefit to all parents looking to give their children the best formation possible, a work of love that reaches even unto eternity, both for the parents and for the children entrusted to their care.

released May 6, 2015

Father Gerard Beck was ordained in 1996 and is responsible for overseeing the schools operated by the Society of Saint Pius X in the USA. He is a frequent speaker on family and education issues.

Father Daniel Themann was ordained in 2009 and was a professor at St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary in Winona, Minnesota from 2012 - 2015. He currently presides as Rector of Holy Cross Seminary in Goulburn, NSW Australia.

Elizabeth

I'm pretty sure I've met and chatted with Fr. Themann's Mom, a former scientist who home schooled.  Formidable educator!  Nobody was getting out of that house ignorant.  ;D

Traditionallyruralmom

The CD's by Fr Beck on the art of educating a child are excellent
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Josephine87

Is there any advice on this talk for when only one parent is Catholic?
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: Josephine87 on February 05, 2023, 08:34:06 PMIs there any advice on this talk for when only one parent is Catholic?
I don't have the answer about the conference talks. But if you click up to the Family Life section and try "mixed marriage" (or similar words) in the search box in the upper right, it looks like there are a few possibly relevant threads.
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).