SSPX will consecrate three bishops in June of this year

Started by andy, April 01, 2023, 01:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

A reliable source informs us that the SSPX will consecrate three bishops in June of this year. Some guesses:

Bishop Paul Robinson
Bishop Francois Laisney
Bishop Gregoire Celier

drummerboy

This would be long awaited and exciting news, but can you cite a source please?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Therese

drummerboy

benedicite

diaduit

Jmartyr

"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Lynne

It makes sense. Think the consecrations (if they happen) will take place at St Mary's?

It's being dedicated on May 3rd.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

james03

Eventually they'll have to do it.  I'd like more than three.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

AlNg

Quote from: benedicite on April 01, 2023, 09:55:07 PMWill these bishops have a mandate from the Pope?
If not, will there be a new round of excommunications?

drummerboy

Stefan

The visionary Ms Anderson predicted hard times for the SSPX because of Bp Fellay's not having obeyed Our Lady's instructions on those Rosary Crusades he was undertaking

Jmartyr

Quote from: Stefan on April 28, 2023, 01:59:12 AMThe visionary Ms Anderson predicted hard times for the SSPX because of Bp Fellay's not having obeyed Our Lady's instructions on those Rosary Crusades he was undertaking
I would take a so-called visionary with a grain of salt. The Society has been on "hard times" since its inception. Excommunicated and suspended; treated as bastard children, when in actuality, they are the faithful ones.
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Jmartyr

Quote from: Jmartyr on April 28, 2023, 04:25:32 PM
Quote from: Stefan on April 28, 2023, 01:59:12 AMThe visionary Ms Anderson predicted hard times for the SSPX because of Bp Fellay's not having obeyed Our Lady's instructions on those Rosary Crusades he was undertaking
double post. Oops.