We Survived

Started by drummerboy, April 09, 2024, 07:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

The great eclipse of 2024 is come and gone.  We're still alive, no sign or chastisement.  Did people get worked up over nothing but a natural event?  Of course, some always do.  But was it also a sign for those who know?  For those with ears to hear, to paraphrase the Gospel?  There were coincidences with its path that are hard to ignore.  A message from God to His faithful one's to do penance and prepare for things to come?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

crossingtherubicon

God seems to have a lot of mercy to give us such a clear warning imo.

josh987654321

Quote from: drummerboy on April 09, 2024, 07:53:01 AMThe great eclipse of 2024 is come and gone.

I was planning to watch a Sensus Fidelium video on it today... oops lol.

In any case, only God knows dates and times, it can easily still serve as a warning for events to come, Rome wasn't built in a day and didn't fall overnight.

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on April 09, 2024, 07:53:01 AMThe great eclipse of 2024 is come and gone.  We're still alive, no sign or chastisement.  Did people get worked up over nothing but a natural event?  Of course, some always do.  But was it also a sign for those who know?  For those with ears to hear, to paraphrase the Gospel?  There were coincidences with its path that are hard to ignore.  A message from God to His faithful one's to do penance and prepare for things to come?

I think it was a sign - as you said, there were a lot of coincidences which are hard to ignore, especially with an understanding that there are no coincidences, only Providence.

I never thought for a moment that something was going to happen the day of/immediately after, but down the road we may look back and say, "oh yeah, God was definitely warning us"

And given what a powder keg the world is right now - civil unrest in EU, the economy nearing a tipping point in many places, Russia/Ukraine (with France & Poland's rhetoric getting increasinly verbose, Ukraine bombing the Zaporizhzhya NPP, Russia linking the Crocus attack to a Ukrainian company which the Bidens are invested in, etc), Armenia/Azerbaijan, China/Taiwan, and Iran promising to strike Israel directly...all it's going to take is one spark and we are cinders.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Melkite

Quote from: drummerboy on April 09, 2024, 07:53:01 AMThe great eclipse of 2024 is come and gone.  We're still alive, no sign or chastisement.  Did people get worked up over nothing but a natural event?  Of course, some always do.  But was it also a sign for those who know?  For those with ears to hear, to paraphrase the Gospel?  There were coincidences with its path that are hard to ignore.  A message from God to His faithful one's to do penance and prepare for things to come?

What were the coincidences with its path?

I went up to Erie PA to see it.  It was an amazing experience.  I just saw it as a natural event.

drummerboy

Quote from: Melkite on April 10, 2024, 10:39:03 AM

I went up to Erie PA to see it.  It was an amazing experience.  I just saw it as a natural event.

The towns it was passing over, especially the Ninevah towns.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on April 10, 2024, 12:09:26 PM
Quote from: Melkite on April 10, 2024, 10:39:03 AM

The towns it was passing over, especially the Ninevah towns.

8 (9?) Ninevahs is not a coincidence

There was a few other things too, but I cannot recall off the top of me head
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Melkite

I just did a search, and apparently there were only two Ninevehs in the path of totality.

I also found it passed over 5 Antiochs, 5 Bethanies, 4 Bethels, 3 Bethlehems, 4 Corinths, 3 Jerusalems and 5 Salems.

benedicite

I remember an eclipse in 1970. It wasn't the big deal where I lived and it wasn't a big deal the other day.