Some Advice

Started by Ben, January 29, 2013, 09:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

More arguments, more rancor, a few flame threads every now and then. And don't lock them just when they're getting good.

It's boring here. Time to spice things up.  :toth:

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Greg

Your wish is my command.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Ben on January 29, 2013, 09:05:14 PMIt's boring here.

Probably because I haven't been around.  :P

tradne4163

Maybe I should start a thread on women wearing pants. lol
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Ben

I like googlegreg's new avatar. I notice Walty has chosen a less intimidating avatar. I don't know what AD's avatar is. Roses? Cherru Blossom?

Tradne, we've already had those threads but you should start another one up because those threads increase activity. I think the most insightful thread on feminism was my "Is Enjoying Arguing with Feminists a Form of Feminism?"

Which, of course, it is.

tradne4163

I remember a subject that hands down became the fastest growing thread I ever saw. Not sure if there are enough active posters to keep it going though... Can SD count to 10? Some of you may remember the famous thread by Someone1776...
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Penelope

Quote from: tradne4163 on February 28, 2013, 04:32:13 PM
I remember a subject that hands down became the fastest growing thread I ever saw. Not sure if there are enough active posters to keep it going though... Can SD count to 10? Some of you may remember the famous thread by Someone1776...

If you even start this thread here, I will ban you myself.

No, seriously.

Ben

I've seen Mithrandylan posting on CathInfo a lot lately. Methinks my posts in favor of CathInfo spurred him to start posting there again. Not surprisingly, it's a race thread over there that has piqued his interest.

Trads who are aware of CathInfo normally have only at least one of three reasons for not liking CathInfo: very politically incorrect discussion about race that is likely to make DWL's and nonwhites uncomfortable, criticism of Jews, and criticism of feminism. Matthew could care less "how it plays in Peoria."

However, Mithrandylan may have abandoned this forum considering that he is one of the more active members here and I haven't seen him much lately. KK might have to get him back here. Maybe offer him some beer.  ;)

Ben

Quote from: Penelope on February 28, 2013, 06:00:33 PM
Quote from: tradne4163 on February 28, 2013, 04:32:13 PM

If you even start this thread here, I will ban you myself.

No, seriously.

:laugh:

Mono no aware

Quote from: Ben on February 28, 2013, 06:01:13 PM
Trads who are aware of CathInfo normally have only at least one of three reasons for not liking CathInfo: very politically incorrect discussion about race that is likely to make DWL's and nonwhites uncomfortable, criticism of Jews, and criticism of feminism. Matthew could care less "how it plays in Peoria."

DWL?

I tried googling it, but it seems to mean "dying with laughter."  You used it as a noun, though.

Ben

Sorry Brocklehurst. It stands for "Disingenuous White Liberals."

Kaesekopf

I've noticed things have been a little slow.  However, due to some life things, I haven't had much time to post often, and it is Lent.  Plus, the server's logs say we are gaining visitors as time goes on, so I'm not terribly worried.

We'll just need to brainstorm a bit more on what to talk about!  :lol:

Or we can just start another pants thread.   :lol:

Edit:  Oh look, post #1600...  :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Ben

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 28, 2013, 07:05:40 PM
I've noticed things have been a little slow.  However, due to some life things, I haven't had much time to post often, and it is Lent.  Plus, the server's logs say we are gaining visitors as time goes on, so I'm not terribly worried.

That's the spirit! Once you start to worry it's the beginning of the end.

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Ben on February 28, 2013, 03:59:00 PMI don't know what AD's avatar is. Roses? Cherru Blossom?

Cherry blossoms. But it might be time for a change...