Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on August 20, 2013, 03:11:40 PM
Dead Man with johnny depp weird but compelling
I couldn't finish this myself. Not to say it sucked but I simply could not get into the right frame for it.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Othmar

The Conjuring. It was really good. Reminds me that we need more exorcists.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

voxxpopulisuxx

The Awakening ....muddlef mess
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Larry

The original version of The Omen.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

FaithByProxy

The Island

A great film. I'd seen it before, and enjoyed it enough to watch it again.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Larry

Damien:Omen II and The Final Conflict(Omen III). A very weird trilogy, but Satan and the Antichrist are portrayed as truly evil, and Christ visibly triumphs at the end of the third movie. The music used for the Second Coming is amazing. Maybe Jerry Goldsmith's finest score.

MrsKriddels

Quote from: FaithByProxy on September 02, 2013, 01:48:49 PM
The Island

A great film. I'd seen it before, and enjoyed it enough to watch it again.

Are you talking about the Russian movie with the "crazy" Russian Orthodox monk?  It's one of my favorite movies. I also enjoyed The Return and the Russian take on 12 Angry Men titled simply 12.  Now I'm wondering what other Russian movies are worth watching.

I watched Oblivion a couple weeks ago with my mother.  We quite enjoyed it, though I could poke some holes through it. 

Habitual_Ritual

The Road

A great movie but very sad, depressing and terrifying should such a scenario ever come to pass. It is a hard movie to watch because of the degree of human tragedy and despair but likely a quiet classic in the making.Translated very well from the book version too.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Petertherock

I just saw Getaway the other day. Of course I had to see it because Selena Gomez was in it, but it was a great action movie! Selena plays a great part and it was very entertaining.

Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

piabee

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. An amusing caper, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Larry

The Song of Bernadette, in honor of Our Lady's birthday.

piabee

sprungli