Huge opportunity for a person with a fearless attitude to get a big job London

Started by Greg, November 10, 2017, 03:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

$1billion market cap, European Asset Management software company.  Has a very good reputation and sure steady share price rise since floating 18 years ago.  City of London office.

Opportunity is fantastic for a young British or EU Trad that has the strength of character to really give this a go and not be a millennial quitter or fearful introvert.  Male of female - I don't care.  Realistically, age has to be 22-29.  Younger than 22 you will lack maturity and credibility most likely and older than 29 and you are not likely to have the stones for this sort of job.

I will warn you - I have given 6 Trads opportunities like this in the past and they were all milksop quitters.  They talked the talk but all ran away when they had to make cold calls or do anything that required them to be alpha.

There's no ideal personality for a salesperson, you don't have to be a larger than life character but you certainly cannot be terrified of calling up a senior person or worried about what they might say to you.  You need a thick skin.

Money is great £65k-£75k per year.  That is £4000 take home every month. 

You get to work with me directly and I teach you the art of selling.  The company are paying me to coach whoever they hire to the highest standard.  The training budget is five figure.  They really want a mini-Greg and they are VERY hard to find.

You have to speak clear articulate English.  A slight accent is no problem if you are EU but a strong accent ain't going to work.  American, Canadian, Australia English could work too but no Fargo type Minnesota or strong southern drawl.  You have to be in the middle of the bell curve.  If you were a super US/Can employment candidate, they would probably agree to handle your immigration paperwork as a young person it is not THAT hard.  I went to Australia on a working visa and in 3 months was head of Sales for SunGard

A decent room in a central London shared flat is going to cost £700 per month leaving you £3300 to spend.  Move further out and you just have to spend on travel.

You are contacting and selling to the largest asset management firms in the world and calling at the highest levels.  You simply need to speak, engage, send an email chase and push for a meeting.  Over the first two years under my tutelage you will morph from nervous to a mad-lion who gives less and less of a dam about what happens and will by the time 8 years have past kick anyone's door down and barge in and within 5 mins have 95% of them eating out of your hand and 5% calling security.

Don't PM me if you aren't pretty sure you want to do this.  If you are really up for it and are going to fight to bend your own will to the tasks then I will help you.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Here's a sweetener for you.  If you know of anyone like this and you can encourage them to apply for the job and I interview them and decide to hire them I will pay YOU $3000 as a "finders fee".

Could be a sales person from work, someone you went to uni with, someone of your MBA course.

The most important thing is, can they hustle?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Shortlisted three candidates from 7 people who were worth interviewing.  5 foreigners and two English natives, neither of whom made the final cut.  The first because he sent a resume that looked awful and then failed to make it look decent when given a second chance, (sure sign of lacking common sense) and the second because he had 5 jobs in 2 years since leaving University.  None lasting more than 6 months.

Lebanese immigrant, Venezuelan immigrant and Italian all of whom speak reasonably clear if accented English.  This is the UK today.  Where even for ~$100k gross salary, $5500 per month after tax I cannot find a native Englishman to sell to other mainly native Englishmen in financial services.

Trad applicants for this job which requires only the minimum of sales experience in, say, a call centre?    Zero.

$5500 net per month you can marry and raise a family (even in London).

Greg

Best guy and most driven guy is the Leb.  First to contact me, arrived to interview early, could prove his claims with pay slips and bank statement and a thoroughly likeable character.  He is like some Ali Baba you would encounter in a middle eastern souk or bazaar trying to sell you a Persian carpet who you could not shake off.  A rough diamond, for sure, needs work, but has the raw talent underneath.

I even provoked him to see how thick his skin was, (Arab men are usually pretty easy to start a fight with), but he kept his cool and even laughed at my satire and self-deprecation.  He would be my top pick.  I just hope he is here legally with the right to work.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kirin

Still looking Greg? I know of a very staunch young Catholic man working under me planning on leaving teaching in the next few months, I'd be quite keen to keep him in the MAT personally but as noted the money isn't worth it. Liturgy leader, Parish Youth Minister, Catechist; regularly opposes the in comparison vastly more liberal Parish Priest for pushing pre-VII material hard, zero tolerance for whatever he considers bullshit (i.e: Modernity as a whole).

He's good at what he does even if he's not my favorite person but hey I wouldn't turn down $3000  ::)

Greg

Nope.  3 final interviews tomorrow, decision on Friday/Monday and one of the lucky contestants will then be mentored by me. Once a month for a year.  Next time get your skates on. 

They have money to burn.  I'm getting paid for the recruitment and the training.  Mind you, compared to the money they pissed away on hiring mongs it's only 40% of that.  So cheap at the price given that my way will actually land several million more in sales each year.

If the Leb gets it he is taking me and Russian wife to a Leb restaurant, where I have promised to sing Sinatra and if the Venezuelan gets it me and the missus are getting a home cooked meal at his place.  He's a great cook, so he claims.  I'm guessing that a Venezuelan party in London is going to be fun.  I might need to invite some Russians to calm it down.

This must be one of the greatest companies in London to work for.  Scandinavian owned they are really into "work life balance".  Fresh fruit arrives every morning, fancy coffee capsule machine with 24 flavours 1000 dollar chairs, double 32 inch LED 4K monitors and people take time off for just about any reason.  Kids sick, don't come in.  Cat died, don't come in.  Dentist, morning off. Sportsday, afternoon off.  Free gym, free Yoga. Yet their share price creeps up year after year.

I wish I had worked for them instead of US companies that were ruthless by comparison :0)

Greg