Do you believe in 9/11?

Started by Maximilian, September 11, 2018, 02:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

Quote from: Prayerful on September 13, 2018, 04:01:01 PM
Quote from: awkwardcustomer on September 12, 2018, 05:31:38 AM
Quote from: Lambda Phage on September 11, 2018, 09:00:30 PM
. . . . Steel doesn't melt. Therefore demolitions. . . . .

. . . Welcome to Traditional Catholicism, where logical progressions are just a formality.

That's almost right.  Steel doesn't melt at the temperatures caused by burning jet fuel.  What's more, it doesn't even weaken. 

In fact. according to those who design and build high-rise steel framed buildings for a living - architects and engineers - steel framed buildings never collapse because of fire. 

The only way those towers could have collapsed as a result of those planes alone, was if the laws of physics were temprarily suspended on that day.

Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth - they don't say who they think caused the demolition of the twin towers.  They offer no conspiracy theories.  They just maintain that the planes couldn't have done it.

It's not really about melting, it more that sufficient heat made the beams unable to do the job of holding up a building which creaked in high winds. After a failure close to the aircraft impact, floor after floor would pancake. That being said Building 7 cannot be explained that way. It's loss was perhaps opportune given its content.

Wouldn't a massive skyscraper act like a sort of giant bellows or wind tunnel, sucking air rapidly up to the fire, making the heat rise to steel bending temperatures?  Think of the way those chimney's work for starting charcoal for grilling, its a far stretch though between that and a skyscraper.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Akavit

Quote from: drummerboy on September 14, 2018, 12:24:06 AM
Wouldn't a massive skyscraper act like a sort of giant bellows or wind tunnel, sucking air rapidly up to the fire, making the heat rise to steel bending temperatures?  Think of the way those chimney's work for starting charcoal for grilling, its a far stretch though between that and a skyscraper.

Fire code addresses that issue.  Take a look at the stairwells and elevators of any multi-story public building and you'll find self-closing fire doors on all floors.  I takes stretch of the imagination to believe that two airplanes managed to knock out enough fire doors on the lower floors of three buildings.

Sempronius

Does this video explain best how building 7 collapsed?

[yt][/yt]

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Prayerful on September 13, 2018, 04:01:01 PM
It's not really about melting, it more that sufficient heat made the beams unable to do the job of holding up a building which creaked in high winds. After a failure close to the aircraft impact, floor after floor would pancake. That being said Building 7 cannot be explained that way. It's loss was perhaps opportune given its content.

The twin towers were designed to creak, or sway slightly, in high winds.  All buildings move, to some extent, depending on temperature mostly, hence the need for expansion joints to accommodate this, especially in larger buildings.

There were 100,000 tonnes of structural steel in each of those towers.  The fires from the burning jet fuel were oxygen starved, hence the volumes of smoke.  This meant that they were burning at low temperatures. Steel doesn't even weaken at such temperatures.

The impact of the planes, would have had no effect whatsoever of the strucural integrity of those buildings.  The planes were basically hollow tubes of alumimium, a much softer metal than steel.  Whatever effect they had at the impact points would have been contained by the sheer force of the remaining steel.

But let's say that the planes, by some miracle, did indeed cause the top floors of the towers to collapse.  For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, isn't there?  If, say, the top 20 (or so) floors collapsed downwards, this would create a downward force on the floors below.  But as Newton pointed out, the downward force exterted by the falling floors would be met by the upward resisting force of the 80 (or so) floors below.

The only way the towers could have collapsed at free fall speed is if the upward resisting force of the lower floors, which were most of both towers, was removed. And the only way this could be achieved was by controlled demolition.

The Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth video explains all this.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Sempronius on September 14, 2018, 08:01:33 AM
Does this video explain best how building 7 collapsed?

[yt][/yt]

No, it doesn't.  Oxygen starved fires supposedly caused by burning office furniture could never have caused the collapse of WTC 7.

They're lying.

Office furniture has to meet all kinds of fire resistance and safety standards, for a start.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  

awkwardcustomer

This video gives a wonderful illustration of the controlled demolition of two tower blocks

The Top Gear team a trying to destroy a Toyota pickup truck.  After many attempts, they place it at the top of a multi-storey building that is about to go the same way as the twin towers.  The results are practically identical.

martin88nyc

Also where did all of that steel go? I will try to find a podcast on 9/11 from NY public radio station. It was an hour long broadcast. But you can just google Dr Judy Wood or find her on youtube. She is a former professor of engineering mechanics.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

King Wenceslas

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 12, 2018, 01:33:58 PM
Quote from: King Wenceslas on September 12, 2018, 01:21:13 PM

Responses here prove that the SSPX/FSP movement is nothing other than made up of conspiracy followers.

And yet you continue to post here.

Thanks for pushing me over the edge. I really don't belong here.

syllabus.errorum

Quote from: Kirin on September 11, 2018, 03:30:31 PM
I believe the accounts of what happened as it unfolded on that day were correct. It's hard to forget watching with your own eyes people jumping from skyscrapers and splattering across the street in preference to choking, burning or being crushed to death.

you were there?

Gardener

Jumpers from an on-fire building != necessity of planes hitting towers or at least being the primary cause of their collapse.

That's like saying because I can vividly describe certain instances in Iraq, that Saddam definitely had yellow cake uranium.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

syllabus.errorum

QuoteJumpers from an on-fire building != necessity of planes hitting towers or at least being the primary cause of their collapse.

i was ever so gently leading up to the same point, but i first wanted to establish if "watching with [his] own eyes" meant that he was physically present or if he was watching the entire thing on tv

for someone who makes it a point to advertise his skepticism, kirin's comment came across -- to me, at least -- as astoundingly credulous

dellery

Kirin clearly suffers from a Duning/Krugeresque hypercredulity. He's only sceptical of the things that limit his unrestricted system of beliefs.

When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything. --G.K. Chesterton
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.