Previous topic - Next topic

Lydia Purpuraria

Bernadette

Quote from: Hat And Beard on March 08, 2017, 10:20:57 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 08, 2017, 10:10:44 PM
22. ET

Nice try, this is ET

I won't be tricked anymore.

Oh, I definitely don't want doughnuts for a long time now, after seeing that.  :ack:
My Lord and my God.

Hat And Beard

Lydia Purpuraria

5. Chris Morris
6. Ron Carter

Lydia Purpuraria

martin88nyc

36. Frederick Sanger
38. Bill James
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Hat And Beard

Hat And Beard

2. 3. 8.
11. 13.
14. 15. 16. 17.
19. 20. 22.
25. 26. 27.  30.
31. 32.

attiret

I think some more hints might be in order.  :)

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Hat And Beard

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bernadette

Quote from: Hat And Beard on March 12, 2017, 05:39:49 PM
Quote from: Lynne on March 12, 2017, 09:55:56 AM
22. Dorothy Day

Yes, the future saint  :)
You know, I totally thought Dorothy Day, but I talked myself out of it, telling myself not to be ridiculous: it couldn't be Dorothy Day.  :lol: My priest loves Dorothy Day, so she's floating around in my brain more than I'd like.  :-\ Is she...is she a Blessed or something?  :o I'd always chalked up the "future saint" thing to my priest's personal admiration for her.
My Lord and my God.

Clare

2, 3, 8, and 16 are sooooo familiar.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux