Quote from: The Curt Jester on June 06, 2021, 07:10:38 AM
Someone once asked a OSAS relative this question:

"If you accept Jesus into your heart, then you are saved, correct?"

"Yes"

"Even if you commit sins after?"

"Yes."

"So you could kill a man in cold blood and still be guaranteed heaven?"

"Yes, but I obviously wouldn't kill anyone."

There you have it.  OSAS is license to do anything one pleases in this life.

I've read that some OSAS-people believe that God punishes them in this life if they commit sins after being born-again, so to be fair not all of them are antinomianists

Anderson represents an extreme brand of antinomianism.

I'm not actually 100% what Anderson stand is on that issue. Has he said that once you are saved, you can sin as much as you like and face no consequences in this life from God?
I'm gone

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: TheSaintsAreComing on June 06, 2021, 10:43:12 AM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 06, 2021, 10:36:16 AM
Quote from: TheSaintsAreComing on June 06, 2021, 10:28:04 AM

"Yes"

"Yes."

I've read that some OSAS-people believe that God punishes them in this life if they commit sins after being born-again, so to be fair not all of them are antinomianists

I'm not actually 100% what Anderson stand is on that issue. Has he said that once you are saved, you can sin as much as you like and face no consequences in this life from God?

Yes, he does but at the same time he also holds that certain sins prove that you were never saved to begin with. That's what happened to his first ordained deacon that became a Unitarian.

The video explores these issues more in detail.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

dellery

Which is ironic because he seems to be Satanic in his severity.

Satan doesn't hate The Father per se, as much as he loves himself more than Father, he absolutely hates humanity, and Our Lord who redeems humanity.

Satan would be the most severe of moral judges. Having no mercy, and only a wrathful envious hatred of humanity, he would have no tolerance whatsoever for those who break the Natural Law. Satan uses sin to destroy humanity, not to destroy God. It should be no wonder then why he is the one who torments us in the afterlife. He is punishing us for our sins. Satan intentionally puts humanity in a situation where it does what he hates so that he can prove to the Father that we are fallen and not worth saving; convincing us to separate ourselves from God and depriving us of the Beatific Vision he is no longer allowed to enjoy, and that he does not think we are worthy of. So in this regard Mr. Anderson seems to espouse actual Satanism, as manifested in an outright wrathful vengeance against those who transgress what he believes to be the law. The fact that he also is animated by an antinomianism for his chosen ones makes him all the bigger a hypocrite.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Prayerful

"Yes"

"Yes."

It would seem a strange trait for he is regulated in part by his exclusive use of the KJV, but he seems wildly proud so rules of translation or Laws of God will mean little to such as him.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Gardener

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 06, 2021, 10:46:56 AM
Quote from: TheSaintsAreComing on June 06, 2021, 10:43:12 AM

"Yes"

"Yes."

Yes, he does but at the same time he also holds that certain sins prove that you were never saved to begin with. That's what happened to his first ordained deacon that became a Unitarian.

The video explores these issues more in detail.

To clarify, Anderson does hold that sins (murder, etc.) would be punished in this life. He states as much in the video. He also holds those would not exclude him from salvation. The list of sins which would "prove" someone was never "saved" to begin with would vary from OSAS adherent to another, not even consistently amongst congregations. Invariably, those issues become sticking points for "fellowship".

I cannot recall the exact term now as it's been a while, but various congregations have degrees of separation for perceived heresy. For example, one group might have a guest preacher from another congregation, who allowed someone the host congregation disagrees with and be fine. Others might perceive such a person as "tainted" and refuse fellowship since the putative guest was/is in fellowship with someone they disagree with.

Personally, I would agree with the "rigorists" on this in principle, but in practice it basically results in fellowship with no one but one's own congregation, which is problematic from a Biblical perspective.

The irony for such persons as Anderson is their spiritual antinomianism does not find its way into their organizational adherence to what they see as spiritual realities. Thus the incoherence is front and center, and there is no real system to normalize, neutralize, or anathemize. It's just whatever the pastor says. And for any Protestants reading, that is WAY more problematic and legalistic and authoritarian than even the most rigorous smack downs by a Council or Pope. It's outright dictatorial, with no backing, history, or counterpoint to keep human nature in check.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Xavier

Good Video. There are numerous Biblical verses against "Once Saved, Always Saved". Here's 1 Corinthians 6 in the KJV, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6:9-10). St. Paul clearly describes here there is a list of mortal sins that exclude from the Kingdom of God.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.