Great Fr. Ripperger interview on the Abuse Crisis

Started by Miriam_M, September 12, 2018, 06:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

Quote from: Elizabeth on September 13, 2018, 01:54:22 PM
I reckon Father is acutely sensitive to the subtleties of hierarchy in Christ's Church, understanding demons as he does.

Very important point.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 15, 2018, 10:48:25 AM
Quote from: The Harlequin King on September 15, 2018, 10:38:39 AM
Quote from: VeraeFidei on September 14, 2018, 07:58:10 PM
Pray tell, in what real way have the FSSP or ICRSS (ICKSP is not a thing) restored the Minor Orders? Restoring the Minor Orders would mean having men ordained into those Orders outside of as a stepping-stone to the Priesthood, as Trent suggested.

In the Institute's defense, at least they have the Clerical Oblates program (which I had some interest in joining years ago, but they never got back to me): http://www.institute-christ-king.org/vocations/oblates/

I think even many regular parishioners of Institute apostolates don't know the Clerical Oblates exist, though.

Milwaukee has one of the best!

KK, have you or one of your friends joined the Oblate program?

Does each Institute Apostolate have an Oblate program?

Are the young men involved with the Oblate program able to live in their own home or do they have to stay at the Seminary?

Thanks & God bless.

:)

Miriam_M

Miriam_M

Christe Eleison

Miriam_M

CE,
Supplemental to your questions to HK, is there some reason you believe you can't contact the Institute directly to have your questions answered satisfactorily?

Christe Eleison

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 17, 2018, 06:38:03 PM
Hello HK,

I looked at the link & video that you & Miriam posted. But I still have some questions.

Is a Clerical Oblate able to marry? Were you married when you contacted them?

Does a potential candidate in formation have to spend time at the Seminary or can they live in their own home
while attending classes at an Apostolate?

If you know more about the program, could you please give more details. Thanks so much, HK.

God bless  :pray1:

I agree with Miriam that you should try a direct contact (hopefully you'll have better luck than me, haha), but no, I was not married at the time. The Clerical Oblates are a celibate vocation living in community with the priests at whatever apostolate they're assigned to. It's not like being a diocesan deacon in that regard at all. The vocation is more analogous to that of non-priestly brothers in the Dominican Order.