Favorite email server

Started by drummerboy, June 14, 2018, 10:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

So what is everybody's favorite email server/provider.  I'm currently on yahoo, but am wanting to switch because I can't stand all their stupid news, usually bashing trump or something "sweet" some queers did. 

I tried yandex, but started getting wierd texts from moslem people shortly after, so that went bye bye.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Gardener

free or pay to play? if latter, budget/yr?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

drummerboy

I'd rather have it free, but if there's something inexpensive but worth it I'd try.

Jacob

Google/Gmail.  It's free and I don't care about privacy. If they want to read reminder messages for doctor's appointments, more power to them and their Fed masters.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

LausTibiChriste

GMail is pretty solid. Privacy probably isn't the greatest, but I don't do anything noteworthy anyways so who cares.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

ServusMariae

Outlook/Hotmail. Been using it ever since 2008/2009-ish. Forget Microsoft's monopoly on privacy, but the best part is there's no worldly weird news or ads to deal with, though things can get slightly messy if you leave 1000+ mails unread, heh.

Lynne

I'm pretty happy with gmail. I've been using them for over 10 years.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Habitual_Ritual

I recently moved to Proton mail
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

drummerboy

I already have a gmail account, it just doesn't have my name so it might confuse people.  Maybe I'll just open another

Gardener

Main personal use is gmail. I also have a domain w/ private email that I use for business purposes (resumes, signing up for software trials, etc.). Several non-gmail burner accounts as well.

PerEvangelicaDicta

I have gmail, but use for generic communications.  For friendsl/family communications, I like zoho.com (it's free, and multiple accounts can be established)
We have a paid account with cryptogroup.  I recently researched encrypted email accounts however, and cryptogroup is overpriced, so I'll be switching.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19