Are we missing some people?

Started by erin is nice, August 14, 2013, 09:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erin is nice

Did some people leave? It seems like a bunch of people are gone...

zork

Greg stopped posting earlier this month. Don't know about any others.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

LouisIX

Penelope has been gone on a honeymoon.  I haven't seen OC around as much.  RolandDeschain left the forum, as far as I know.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: LouisIX on August 14, 2013, 11:58:54 AM
I haven't seen OC around as much. 

I'm back from my semi-goneness.  My friend and I were involved in a "shop hop" to support the local scrapbooking industry in Southern California.  My husband and I have also been involved with a lot of paperwork as well as the start of his new job.   :)
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Mr. Mysterious

I haven't posted as much in the last month or so. Quite busy with school and work.
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Heinrich

GMU Alex has never really come back. Or was he banned for life temporarily? I am still trying to contact Dom P. Anyone?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jmartyr

"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on August 14, 2013, 04:27:06 PM
GMU Alex has never really come back. Or was he banned for life temporarily?

After he was temp banned here, I saw a post by him on CathInfo saying that he was going to be posting there instead.  He figured that he fit in better there.

edit to add:
I just checked and he hasn't posted there for a while either.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Penelope

I'm here, I'm here! But school is starting up again soon (sigh), so I might not be all that active for a while.

stmykearchangel

I'm still here, I know I don't post much just lurking mainly
The character of Kings is sacred; their persons are inviolable; they are the anointed of the Lord, if not with sacred oil, at least by virtue of their office. Their power is broad---based upon the Will of God, and not on the shifting sands of the people's will...They will be spoken of with becoming reverence, instead of being in public estimation fitting butts for all foul tongues. It becomes a sacrilege to violate their persons, and every indignity offered to them in word or act, becomes an indignity offered to God Himself. It is this view of Kingly rule that alone can keep alive in a scoffing and licentious age the spirit of ancient loyalty, that spirit begotten of faith, combining in itself obedience, reverence, and love for the majesty of kings which was at once a bond of social union, an incentive to noble daring, and a salt to purify the heart from its grosser tendencies, preserving it from all that is mean, selfish, and contemptible. (P.J. Joyce, John Healy, pp. 68-69).

ImperialGuardsman

I tend to lurk more than post.  Most people around here are so well versed in the faith that I have little of value to contribute, but can gain much from reading.

Any reason whe greg is gone or has he just been away for a bit?
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

ImperialGuardsman

And, now that I think of it, I haven't seen EcceQuamBonum around in a while either.
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

Archer

Quote from: ImperialGuardsman on August 19, 2013, 06:29:00 PM
I tend to lurk more than post.  Most people around here are so well versed in the faith that I have little of value to contribute, but can gain much from reading.

Any reason whe greg is gone or has he just been away for a bit?

You should post more, we need more good men. Oh and not all of us have advanced degrees in online apologetics lol.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney