Author Topic: Anyone read Steve Skojec's "Against Crippled Religion"?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Anyone read Steve Skojec's "Against Crippled Religion"?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2021, 08:02:10 PM »

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/catholicism-steve-skojec-has-had-enough/

It seems that Dreher has written an article on despair about Skojec’s article on despair.

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, Christe Eleison

Offline lauermar

• "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" from 'All About Eve' (1950).
  • Feldwebel
  • Baby Boomer
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2021, 10:32:25 AM »
Dreher is as spiritually sick as Skojec. He is a heretic or possibly an apostate. I don't know if he is following any religion, or if he believes in God. It doesn't seem so.

I'm sorry for their experiences. I was lucky growing up the 1960s, I wasn't abused by any priests, nuns or teachers in school. My "Catholic" classmates' bullying was the reason I switched schools.

I've had the same inner struggles as Dreher and Skojec, and I've also been tempted to leave, but Lord where would I go?

Husband and I decided to cut down on the time spent watching or reading angry websites from secular to Catholic (i.e. CMTV). The more you listen, the more you think the church is owned and controlled by thugs rather than Jesus Christ. You think the religion belongs to them, so you understandably leave; but also leave Christ in the process. I've expressed my angst about that here before. A good priest told me to spend time studying scripture and focusing on my internal relationship with God, which I'm doing. I go to church for the sacraments and mass, and avoid socializing there.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 10:35:18 AM by lauermar »
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson

Offline Ragnarok

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2021, 11:05:16 AM »
Dreher is as spiritually sick as Skojec. He is a heretic or possibly an apostate. I don't know if he is following any religion, or if he believes in God. It doesn't seem so.

I'm sorry for their experiences. I was lucky growing up the 1960s, I wasn't abused by any priests, nuns or teachers in school. My "Catholic" classmates' bullying was the reason I switched schools.

I've had the same inner struggles as Dreher and Skojec, and I've also been tempted to leave, but Lord where would I go?

>Talks about the "same spiritual struggles Skojec is going through"
>Completely does everything he criticizes about the Trad movement
>Additionally slanders a person's belief in the existence of God with no evidence whatsoever (the sin of calumny), all the while claiming to be morally superior

Offline lauermar

• "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" from 'All About Eve' (1950).
  • Feldwebel
  • Baby Boomer
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that. Dreher needs prayers.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)