Future of the Forum?

Started by Kaesekopf, November 25, 2018, 11:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Hey folks,
So, Forum activity has been down for a while.  Since the domain is up for renewal in a month, I have to ask - is it worth keeping this place going? 

Chime in!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 25, 2018, 11:04:16 PM
Hey folks,
So, Forum activity has been down for a while.  Since the domain is up for renewal in a month, I have to ask - is it worth keeping this place going? 

Chime in!

Dear KK,
Please keep the forum open  :pray1:  Yes, it is worth keeping it open!
A lot of people lurk prior to registering. There is a tremendous amount of information, links that are useful to people & their Faith.

We are in very interesting times, and it is a nice place to ask questions regarding different topics. And I think by the time 2019 comes along, it is going to get worse regarding the crisis in the Church, and activity will increase.

I believe that forum participation is a bit down due to the Holidays & several people losing loved ones (may they all RIP  :pray2:)
It has been a tough year for a lot of people, especially those of us losing people we love.

I love the Prayer section, as well as the Catholic liturgical life thread (and of course Mary's Garden)  :thumbsup:

I appreciate everything that you have done with this forum, it is a wonderful asset to a lot of us around the world. And it would be a shame to see it disappear.

Maybe we can all convince the people that have been missing in action to return & it will help increase the activity.

Please keep it open! Thank you so much. God Bless you!

:pray3:

Non Nobis

It's almost Advent, and Advent is a time of hope.  Don't give up on the forum Kaesekopf! Even when I'm not posting on it I am so glad it is there.  Like the stock market it may be going down for a while but will come up again and heads in the up direction overall through the years.  OK, forget the stockmarket; the forum runs on prayers and God's help which can't be measured numerically.

Everyone's reasons for not being on the forum are by chance mounting up all at the same time.  Those reasons are very unlikely to be permanent. I think that things will get better in time - but not if you pull the plug.  Patience! Think and pray carefully before you take drastic action that may be hurtful to many, even if in smaller numbers than at one time. Where will people who would benefit by SD go if SD isn't there?

:pray1:

Losing the Suscipe Domine forum at Christmas would be a dreadful thing.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 26, 2018, 12:01:27 AM
It's almost Advent, and Advent is a time of hope.  Don't give up on the forum Kaesekopf! Even when I'm not posting on it I am so glad it is there.  Like the stock market it may be going down for a while but will come up again and heads in the up direction overall through the years.  OK, forget the stockmarket; the forum runs on prayers and God's help which can't be measured numerically.

Everyone's reasons for not being on the forum are by chance mounting up all at the same time.  Those reasons are very unlikely to be permanent. I think that things will get better in time - but not if you pull the plug.  Patience! Think and pray carefully before you take drastic action that may be hurtful to many, even if in smaller numbers than at one time. Where will people who would benefit by SD go if SD isn't there?

Dear Non Nobis,

Thank you for your post, words, sentiment  :thumbsup: That is what I was trying to say.

Where will we go? I love this place, even if I do not post as much.

I am not great expressing myself online like you are, or Gardener, Carleen Diane, Michael Wilson, MarysLittleGarden,

Xavier, James, Prayerful, Chester., MundaCorMeum, Heinrich, Miles Christi, Noah Moerbeek, Lydia Purpuraria, Vetus Ordo,

AwkwardCustomer, Larry,  Kayla Veronica, Davis Blank, Dymphna, OCLittleFlower, KephaPaulos, MikeMac, Diaduit,

Orate, Maximilian, Elizabeth, Martin, Akavit, Baldrick, Christina, Stu Cool, Verae Fidei, Fleur-de-Lys,

Red Solo Cup, PDR., MONEIL, Saint Justin, Der Polka Konig, Josephine87, etc. etc. etc. etc.  :grouphug:

The list is too long, of all the wonderful posters that contribute here. Thank you all for your contributions & prayers.

God Bless everyone on this forum.  :pray3:

Where will we go??? Please keep the forum open, KK! Thank you so much!

Even if the only section available were the Prayer section & the Catholic liturgical life it would be more than WORTH IT!! :thumbsup:

Prayers for the forum! :pray2: :pray3: Saint Andrew pray for us & this forum  ;)

diaduit

I would not like to see it go.   It is the only place I go to , some others are too high brow, too crazy and then some that are too liberal and false. 

Is it costing you money?  Is it draining your resources?  If so then practically speaking it cannot remain this quiet and just be kept going for those of us who really like it.  So I can see why you are asking this question if it does cost you financially.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: diaduit on November 26, 2018, 01:13:02 AM
I would not like to see it go.   It is the only place I go to , some others are too high brow, too crazy and then some that are too liberal and false. 

Is it costing you money?  Is it draining your resources?  If so then practically speaking it cannot remain this quiet and just be kept going for those of us who really like it.  So I can see why you are asking this question if it does cost you financially.

Dear Diaduit,

If you have not already, please vote above. Thank you & God Bless  :pray3:

It is the only place I go to as well.

Saint Andrew pray for us (Feast coming up on November 30, 2018)  :pray2:

red solo cup

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 25, 2018, 11:04:16 PM
Hey folks,

Chime in!
Is this about money? Time? Both?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Michael Wilson

I have really enjoyed my time here; I came over here as a 'refugee' from Ignis Ardens, when that late great forum was closed, this is the closest thing to it. I hope K keeps it going.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

maryslittlegarden

I voted for keeping it open.  I think most forums have cycles in activity. I'd miss this place :):):)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

The Curt Jester

I use it as a way to obtain news which I otherwise might not come across.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Daniel

I vote no. This had actually crossed my mind a few months ago, but I didn't want to say anything. It's not that I'm ungrateful, (these forums have been helpful for me,) but there's no denying that activity has been declining. And I know this web stuff costs money, so I wouldn't mind you letting it die.

Stu Cool

I don't log in that much but I normally check a couple times a day.  If you need some funding, let me know and I can see about helping out.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Stu Cool on November 26, 2018, 01:42:40 PM
I don't log in that much but I normally check a couple times a day.  If you need some funding, let me know and I can see about helping out.

Dear Stu Cool,

Thanks for your kind input & offer to help out.  :thumbsup: :toth:

God Bless you & yours! :pray2:

Josephine87

I voted yes. I come by cyclically because I have children and there are times I can come by a lot (awake at 3 am nursing a newborn) and times I can't. This place is so helpful and a comfort. I would gladly give some money if that's what's needed.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

OCLittleFlower

I think it is very much worth it.  While the last six months of my life have been flat out insane and I haven't had as much time to participate as I would like -- I still very much enjoy the forum and get a lot out of it spiritually.

A smaller more tightknit poster base might not be all bad, to be honest...
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.