Fr Shannon Collins suspended

Started by crossingtherubicon, April 15, 2024, 06:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Miriam_M

Maximilian

This is a couple months out of date. The incident was covered extensively here on SD when it happened in January.

My first-hand experience was that I attended a wedding at this chapel, and the sermon given by Fr. Collins was by far the best I ever heard on the subject of marriage.

As for second-hand experience, I have heard very good things about these priests from acquaintances in Northern Kentucky.

LausTibiChriste

Father Kopczynski is the guy who railed against LOTR and said Catholics shouldn't be reading it.

On that basis alone, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the Bishop.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

crossingtherubicon

Quote from: Maximilian on April 16, 2024, 04:16:58 AMThis is a couple months out of date. The incident was covered extensively here on SD when it happened in January.

My first-hand experience was that I attended a wedding at this chapel, and the sermon given by Fr. Collins was by far the best I ever heard on the subject of marriage.

As for second-hand experience, I have heard very good things about these priests from acquaintances in Northern Kentucky.

Yea agreed.

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 16, 2024, 08:33:01 AMFather Kopczynski is the guy who railed against LOTR and said Catholics shouldn't be reading it.

On that basis alone, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the Bishop.

There were so many straw-men and other logical fallacies in that sermon. It was really embarrassing to listen to, frankly.

Would be like me giving a talk on the history of Quebec. ;)

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Gardener on April 16, 2024, 02:03:24 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 16, 2024, 08:33:01 AMFather Kopczynski is the guy who railed against LOTR and said Catholics shouldn't be reading it.

There were so many straw-men and other logical fallacies in that sermon. It was really embarrassing to listen to, frankly.

Would be like me giving a talk on the history of Quebec. ;)

I lol'd

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Heinrich

Father Shannon blessed my home. These are my priests and my community. We have been unjustly and cruelly treated. Been there for almost five years. Laus, the priests are suspensed for not concelebrating, criticising the NO, etc. Families literally went to Wisconsin to have their children receive Confirmation at ICKSP since the bishop refused(couldn't) use old Rite. And I am sick and tired of grown men taking to an almost Gospel level Tolkien/LOTR. Saddens and angers me that people would take a three year old opinion and capitalize on a carnal whim to take a shot.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Heinrich,
what is happening with the priests, chapel and parish since the shutdown?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

crossingtherubicon

https://youtu.be/o5Ck3LhC1XI?feature=shared

One of the Lenten missions these guys did a while ago, gives a better view when they were on point.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on April 17, 2024, 03:14:56 PMAnd I am sick and tired of grown men taking to an almost Gospel level Tolkien/LOTR. Saddens and angers me that people would take a three year old opinion and capitalize on a carnal whim to take a shot.

I haven't even read LOTR nor seen the movies. I brought it up because it's a window into a bigger problem, and has very little to do with LOTR itself.

As Gardener summed it up perfectly. It exposes the state of his philosophical/sociological/whatever foundation which, barring a miracle, would carry over to almost every other facet.

- MaximGun

Heinrich

Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 17, 2024, 05:05:43 PMHeinrich,

Masses offered by a diocesan priest. Father Shannon and Kopcynski are not permitted to offer any public sacraments whatsoever.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Heinrich on April 18, 2024, 09:10:36 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 17, 2024, 05:05:43 PMHeinrich,

Masses offered by a diocesan priest. Father Shannon and Kopcynski are not permitted to offer any public sacraments whatsoever.
I'm terribly sorry to hear this.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers