So long, farewell Auf Wiedersehen

Started by Innocent Smith, July 25, 2020, 12:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocent Smith

Bye, bye everybody.  Tired of little gnats attacking my posts rather than seeking to better understand.  I don't recall signing a waiver indicating that my posts would always have a calming effect on the entire readership. 

I got bit on the lower lip by a big honking wasp going about 25 mph this morning.  Maybe that helps me to visualize the metaphor of biting insects.

But, it's become a pattern here. 

See you all in heaven, or the other place. 

But you won't see me here any more.

Life's way too short to deal with men on the rag.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU[/yt]

I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Most people that announce their leave, come back latter; I hope that is the case with you.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

awkwardcustomer

Innocent Smith, there I was thinking how interesting your posts were, and how they were becoming a must read - and now you're off!

Don't go.  Have a break, if you must, then come back. 
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

paul14

I'm sure you will be back, under a different name.

When all the shit kicks off during the US elections you are not seriously telling me that you won't have an opinion you want to express on this forum.

You'll just do it as somebody else.

The King is dead.  Long live the King.

Greg

Paul.  Is the graphic on the cup in your avatar from the Atari 2600 computer game Adventure from the early 1980s?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Frank

in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

paul14

Quote from: Greg on August 27, 2020, 02:23:28 PM
Paul.  Is the graphic on the cup in your avatar from the Atari 2600 computer game Adventure from the early 1980s?

Yes.

Greg

Took him 40 days to return and post again.

Kinda like Lent.

diaduit

Quote from: Greg on September 17, 2020, 06:51:38 AM
Took him 40 days to return and post again.

Kinda like Lent.

Pot and kettle!

Greg

I was well over a year.

And I was invited to leave by Jayne.

So not really the same thing.