The Catholic liturgy as part of Hinduism at death?

Started by gsas, November 05, 2019, 10:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsas

India has had many Catholics of the Roman faith for centuries.

Hinduism considers the Catholic teachings a subset of Hindu teachings.

Hindu death experiences include running in fear in quite a number of cases, and the running soul gets caught and its legs get cut off in front of the one that deals with the dead souls. This is less than kind, even satanic.

So it can easily happen then to us Catholics, that on our way to St Peter we have no time for a leasuredly walk, and maybe we need the direct help of Jesus for even as little as to walk to our place of judgement. 

What guarantees that those who believe in the Christ will indeed reach the place where they get God's judgement, instead of going straight to hell under Satan and with legs cut off?

Xavier

Persevering in the state of grace until the moment of death, especially by never committing mortal sin again after Baptism, or at least after one good Confession, guarantees it. The Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, in Their Infinite Mercy and Measureless Grace, have made known at least 3 wondrous ways by which faithful Catholic Christians can have good hope that they will secure the great and most indispensably necessary grace of final perseverance, on which our eternal salvation depends. (1) The Nine First Fridays consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus (2) The Five First Saturdays, along with praying at least 5, preferably 15, decades of the Holy Rosary, and a 15 meditation, consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and (3) a special Great Double Novena consecrated to the Twin Hearts of Jesus and Mary together for 9 months. The first two are well known, and here are two links for the 3rd, with 33 Divine Promises. After completing this Novena once for ourselves, best practice is to continue it lifelong for our loved ones.

http://lapieta.tripod.com/dnov_ena.html
https://sites.google.com/site/doublegreatnovena/the-33-promises
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Kreuzritter

Quote from: gsas on November 05, 2019, 10:11:15 PM
India has had many Catholics of the Roman faith for centuries.

Hinduism considers the Catholic teachings a subset of Hindu teachings.

Hindu death experiences include running in fear in quite a number of cases, and the running soul gets caught and its legs get cut off in front of the one that deals with the dead souls. This is less than kind, even satanic.

So it can easily happen then to us Catholics, that on our way to St Peter we have no time for a leasuredly walk, and maybe we need the direct help of Jesus for even as little as to walk to our place of judgement. 

What guarantees that those who believe in the Christ will indeed reach the place where they get God's judgement, instead of going straight to hell under Satan and with legs cut off?

Are you mentally well?

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: gsas on November 05, 2019, 10:11:15 PMWhat guarantees that those who believe in the Christ will indeed reach the place where they get God's judgement, instead of going straight to hell under Satan and with legs cut off?

A living faith in Christ is the only guarantee.

Christians live by faith (Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38) and walk in the grace of God. Christ alone fulfilled the law and paid the price for our iniquity. He is the means by which any man can withstand God's judgement. Those who believe in Him, as the apostle sublimely put it, "shall shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Meditate on Holy Scripture:

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin. He thus condemned sin in the flesh, so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:1-6)
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Xavier

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on November 06, 2019, 01:04:25 PM
Quote from: gsas on November 05, 2019, 10:11:15 PMWhat guarantees that those who believe in the Christ will indeed reach the place where they get God's judgement, instead of going straight to hell under Satan and with legs cut off?

A living faith in Christ is the only guarantee.

A living faith that works through charity, i.e. in a Catholic Christian in the state of grace without mortal sin, yes, certainly, but not faith alone. St. James expressly refutes that, saying, And certainly not the entirely dead "faith" of one who is a non-Catholic and a heretic, for the mortal sin of heresy is such as of its own nature to destroy faith. Such a man will not obtain the grace of final perseverance unless he becomes Catholic.

Jam 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

St. Maximus the Confessor beautifully comments: "Neither should you say: "Faith alone in our Lord Jesus Christ can save me." By itself faith accomplishes nothing. For even the devils believe and shudder. No, faith must be joined to an active love of God which is expressed in good works. The charitable man is distinguished by sincere and long-suffering service to his fellow man: it also means using things aright." https://taylormarshall.com/2011/03/faith-alone-cannot-save-by-saint.html

Our Lord Himself warned in the parable of the vine and the branches that we must bear fruit for Him, i.e. produce supernaturally meritorious good works, or we risk being cut off. St. John the Apostle speaks of those committing sins unto death, i.e. mortal sins and losing grace. Such persons cannot be aided by prayer alone, the Apostle says in the last chapter of his first epistle, but, as indicated in the first chapter, must confess any and all of their prior sins, including any sin of heresy, in order to be restored to Catholic Faith in Jesus Christ; "for this is the Catholic Faith, which except a man hold firmly and faithfully, he cannot be saved" as St. Athanasius says.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Kreuzritter

If you are drowning in the sea and cry for his help, truly desiring and believing, Jesus Christ will without fail come and reach out his hand to rescue you from it; you have only to grab it and let him pull you up. And if your faith is true, how could you do otherwise? Protestantism's error hinges not so much on "sola fide" as on forensic justification. That is what is really meant by "faith alone": that if you tick the box of belief, you'll be forensically justified by imputation of righteousness, not that trusting in Jesus he will save you by not leaving you to die in your sins.

Xavier

Quote from: Kreuzritter on November 06, 2019, 07:13:22 PM
If you are drowning in the sea and cry for his help, truly desiring and believing, Jesus Christ will without fail come and reach out his hand to rescue you from it; you have only to grab it and let him pull you up. And if your faith is true, how could you do otherwise? Protestantism's error hinges not so much on "sola fide" as on forensic justification. That is what is really meant by "faith alone": that if you tick the box of belief, you'll be forensically justified by imputation of righteousness, not that trusting in Jesus he will save you by not leaving you to die in your sins.

Jesus Christ has taught us plain as day, as St. Paul the Apostle confirms in numerous epistles, we must eat His flesh to have eternal life.

Jn 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

The unanimous consent of the Church Fathers confirms it. The Eucharist is the True Body and Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. Those who neglect to eat thereof have no good hope of eternal salvation, and therefore must be admonished to enter the Church and do so before death. On the contrary, to regularly, devoutly and reverently eat the Holy Body of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist is the surest assurance of receiving the grace of final perseverance from Him and complete sanctification by full theosis in due time and eternal salvation after death.

His Holiness Pope St. Pius X in a special decree says we should strive to receive daily, and strive to live in such a way as to profit from such daily reception. "These words declare plainly enough the wish of the Church that all Christians should be daily nourished by this heavenly banquet and should derive therefrom more abundant fruit for their sanctification." https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/decree-on-frequent--daily-reception-of-holy-communion-2174

Holy Communion is what is called Our Daily and Supersubstantial Bread (see the Vulgate and Septuagint, or alternately, https://catholicism.org/give-us-this-day-our-supersubstantial-bread.html ) by Our Lord Jesus Himself, in His Own Prayer, and therefore Daily Bread ought to be received daily.

Our Lord Jesus seems to connect final perseverance in grace with regularly eating of His Flesh, and threatens those who neglect to do so with reprobation and eternal loss. "The Communion is called the bread of heaven; because as the body cannot live without earthly food, so the soul cannot live without this celestial bread. Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you (John, vi, 54).

But on the other hand, to those who frequently eat this bread, is promised eternal life. If any man eat of this bread he shall live forever (John, vi, 52). Hence the Council of Trent calls the Communion a medicine which delivers us from venial, and preserves us from mortal sins (Sess. 13, cap. 2)." http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/2017/06/17/final-perseverance-preparation-death-considerations-xxxi/