Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zork

Congratulations, Doctor! Nice work.

For fun, I wrote out a running plan for this summer and then go on a 5K run by September. I start on Saturday.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Pheo on May 22, 2013, 10:52:11 AM
Well I guess I've done a few things...apparently I'm much more productive without the internet haha.  I spent a day wandering around Point Pelee National Park with my bro - well over 250 species of songbirds migrate through the park each May, and they take a pitstop there at the southernmost tip of Canada.  We were able to pick out 50+, and we're definitely not experts.

Got some more morels, but also grabbed a pile of wild leeks too.  They taste great, kind of a mix between garlic and onions.  I was a bit too late for fiddleheads though.

Last Friday I finally graduated!  It was pretty neat to be announced as "Dr" as I crossed the stage.
And now I'm just getting ready to head out West for a Mumford & Sons concert - to be followed-up by a drive through the Rocky Mountains.  Those should be a fun few days.

Congrats, Dr Pheo!!!
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

erin is nice

Quote from: vakarian on May 22, 2013, 11:30:32 AM

For fun, I wrote out a running plan for this summer and then go on a 5K run by September. I start on Saturday.

Use Couch to 5K, it's so easy!

stmykearchangel

Going camping with our pups, as I have a 4 day weekend! ;D
The character of Kings is sacred; their persons are inviolable; they are the anointed of the Lord, if not with sacred oil, at least by virtue of their office. Their power is broad---based upon the Will of God, and not on the shifting sands of the people's will...They will be spoken of with becoming reverence, instead of being in public estimation fitting butts for all foul tongues. It becomes a sacrilege to violate their persons, and every indignity offered to them in word or act, becomes an indignity offered to God Himself. It is this view of Kingly rule that alone can keep alive in a scoffing and licentious age the spirit of ancient loyalty, that spirit begotten of faith, combining in itself obedience, reverence, and love for the majesty of kings which was at once a bond of social union, an incentive to noble daring, and a salt to purify the heart from its grosser tendencies, preserving it from all that is mean, selfish, and contemptible. (P.J. Joyce, John Healy, pp. 68-69).

zork

Quote from: erin is nice on May 22, 2013, 12:01:52 PM

Now they tell me!

Thanks, Erin, I'll look into it.

Hawaii Five-0

We just got home from a three day diving trip to Puerto Gallera, on Mindoro Island, with my buddy Mark and his family.  It was a blast.  Between our two families we have a total of six kids, four who are between one and three years old.  The wives and kids spent the day at the beach or pool while Mark and I did some wreck diving.   

The sea life here in the Philippines is unbelievable.  I'm thinking about buying a good underwater camera since most of the diving areas here which have easy to access boat diving won't let you spearfish.  I'll just have to shoot 'em with a camera, not a spear gun.
Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer. - Padre Pio

erin is nice

Quote from: vakarian on May 22, 2013, 04:18:31 PM

Now they tell me!

If you have a phone, there's a free app.

Older Salt

I smoked a good cigar and shot a tight group of 5 with my Luger Parabellum.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Kaesekopf

Drinking a Sprecher Abbey Tripel Belgian Style Ale.

It is good.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

zork

Quote from: erin is nice on May 23, 2013, 05:38:59 AM
Quote from: vakarian on May 22, 2013, 04:18:31 PM

Now they tell me!

If you have a phone, there's a free app.

Done and done. Thanks again.

So much for the running plan I wrote out...

GeorgeT

Went to my godson's confirmation. 8 hour car drive down with a 6 and 5 year old. My 6 year old had me tell her the story of salvation from Adam to Christ. Visited friends on the way who I haven't spoken to in years but it was like I just talked to them yesterday. Saw my family who I missed. Drank beer in beautiful heat and humidity which I miss. Then another 8 hour car drive with a Chipotle break.

The great thing about a healthy, established trad parish is how everyone gets together afterwards. It's like a fortaste of heaven. I miss that.
Check out my Lives of the saints comics!

http://tautkusstudio.com/pb/wp_8bec74cf/wp_8bec74cf.html

BierKaiser

Bought a case of Sam Adams beers of summer last week, that was fun.  Its gone now, not so fun.

Heinrich

Went to a couple of graduation parties. Big fun.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

Went to the shooting range.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

zork

Bought a like-new copy of Stephen King's short story collection Night Shift for $3.18. (I found that fun.)