Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 30, 2015, 02:35:56 AM
Just experienced an earthquake, which was fun

:eek:  Where the heck are you?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

dymphna17

Quote from: Gardener on December 30, 2015, 01:43:49 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 30, 2015, 01:04:07 PM

:eek:  Where the heck are you?

Canada?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/682107240141185024

Thank you Gardener.  I had never thought of Canada as a place for earthquakes and with LTC's penchant for country hopping, it made me wonder.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LausTibiChriste

Yeah it was in Canada. West coast sits on the same fault line as Seattle. Vancouver is overdue for "the big one" by several centuries. It will mess this place up something fierce when it eventually hits.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Lynne on December 30, 2015, 06:28:47 AM

Not!

Welcome back, we've missed you!

I'll try to do a better job of watching my mouth before I post  ;D

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

red solo cup

When you began your hiatus, le Habs promptly lost six in a row. Coincidence?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: red solo cup on December 31, 2015, 06:25:11 AM
When you began your hiatus, le Habs promptly lost six in a row. Coincidence?

Please don't mention my boys anytime soon....I'm in a state of severe depression

- MaximGun

Lynne

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 31, 2015, 04:07:23 AM

Not!

Well, that can be tough to do during this pontificate...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

Quote from: Lynne on December 31, 2015, 12:05:55 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 31, 2015, 04:07:23 AM

Not!

Well, that can be tough to do during this pontificate...

We should all send the Pope Krampus cards. Then maybe we'll feel better. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Went to a chili feed for a bunch of remote controlled airplane flyers.  It's been a tradition for many, many years to do this on January 1st.  They used to go out to the field at sunup and fly their planes no matter the weather on that day.  They have flown in it all except in cases of lightening.  There are just a few of them left now and those are in their hundreds  :lol:  so they don't do that anymore.  It's boring as all get out, but these are a good bunch of men.
?

Christina_S

I turn 18 today, but we celebrated last night with chicken dinner, blackberry cheesecake, and a glass of white wine.  8)
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Christina_S on January 04, 2016, 11:48:50 AM
I turn 18 today, but we celebrated last night with chicken dinner, blackberry cheesecake, and a glass of white wine8)

Happy Birthday!

But seriously, Im calling the cops

- MaximGun

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Rose

Quote from: Christina_S on January 04, 2016, 11:48:50 AM
I turn 18 today, but we celebrated last night with chicken dinner, blackberry cheesecake, and a glass of white wine.  8)

Happy birthday!
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring