Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zork

Planning to go to Sedona, AZ in early August (unless I get that new job I've been after between now and then, which could complicate the trip).
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

aquinas138

Saw "Weird Al" Yankovic in concert with my son a couple of weeks ago. A lot of fun.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 05, 2015, 01:23:42 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 05, 2015, 08:25:41 AM
Just finished cutting my squirmy, 2 year old daughter's hair.  Good times.
you need this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IEfA6hhhK90

Hahahaha.  Well, I needed the laugh, for sure. 

Chestertonian

Quote from: aquinas138 on July 05, 2015, 03:22:44 PM
Saw "Weird Al" Yankovic in concert with my son a couple of weeks ago. A lot of fun.
awesome
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

piabee

Swimming all day in 100 heat for the 4th and then the opera matinee today.

Quote from: zork on July 05, 2015, 12:10:25 PM
Planning to go to Sedona, AZ in early August (unless I get that new job I've been after between now and then, which could complicate the trip).

Everyone is going to Sedona except me.:(

dymphna17

Our friends who have the runway on their property had some visitors last week.  Hubby and I got to go and take a peak.  Here is what she had to say about it as well as a picture.  Some of you might want to...well....  :tinfoil:

QuoteThe CAP (Civil Air Patrol) was having training exercises at our place Fri and Sat. KSARNG was OK'd to come with 2 Blackhawks. (1 attack and 1 medevac)
They gave an excellent presentation, a safety talk prior to giving rides to the cadets and senior members, and handed out t-shirts and pens. Yes. ..they stayed for lunch. It was absolutely an UPLIFTING experience.

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 05, 2015, 01:23:42 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IEfA6hhhK90

Oh, man, my dad has one of these! Still has it, and it still works!  :eek: He swears he used it on us kids, but I think that must have been my sister, because I don't remember it.

Oh, and I culled some more books. Yes, it was fun. Cut my original collection by half! I'm so proud of myself!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

zork

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 05, 2015, 11:28:22 PM
Our friends who have the runway on their property had some visitors last week.  Hubby and I got to go and take a peak.  Here is what she had to say about it as well as a picture.  Some of you might want to...well....  :tinfoil:

QuoteThe CAP (Civil Air Patrol) was having training exercises at our place Fri and Sat. KSARNG was OK'd to come with 2 Blackhawks. (1 attack and 1 medevac)
They gave an excellent presentation, a safety talk prior to giving rides to the cadets and senior members, and handed out t-shirts and pens. Yes. ..they stayed for lunch. It was absolutely an UPLIFTING experience.

:vomit: What a horrible pun.  :ack:
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

aquinas138

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM
Quote from: aquinas138 on July 05, 2015, 03:22:44 PM
awesome

It was probably the best show I've ever been to in terms of pure entertainment and musicianship. It's crazy to see so many musical styles one right after another, with new arrangements of some classic parodies, and, of course, a polka medley.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

dymphna17

Quote from: zork on July 06, 2015, 11:15:20 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on July 05, 2015, 11:28:22 PM

:vomit: What a horrible pun.  :ack:

Hahaha  That's what my friend said.  She didn't think anyone would catch it.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LausTibiChriste

Keeping with the aviation theme, did some training at sunset...calm skies and pretty hard to pay attention to your instructor with a view like this  ;D

(Sorry for the potato quality pic)

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Chestertonian

amazing pic laus where are you flyibg

Arun

took the kids to the swimming centre, and for the first time in literally years i hopped in too. i can't swim so i normally don't get in with them, but this time i hopped in the kiddie pool and did some duck-walks. then wrestled the kids playing dunks for about 2 hours.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih