Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom Passerini

Quote from: Hector, Tamer of Horses on May 18, 2014, 06:10:57 PM
On Friday my friend and I spent the whole day together, watching Little Shop of Horrors and Bates Motel and, since she went to beauty school, I also got a free haircut.

Sort of related, the other day I randomly thought of 2010 when I had to play in a production of Sondheim's Sweeney Todd at Arizona State, and how fun it was.  The orchestration is reaaaally simple (13 musicians, I think), so basically 1 person per part, so it was really intimate in the pit (no room to drop a note, or, heaven forbid, play a wrong one), but it was a really good time.
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

dymphna17

Went to Oskapallooza!  The first mini-rally of the season.  A great ride with good friends (first time with a kid I used to babysit.  Boy am I old!), had an excellent greasy cheeseburger, and enjoyed a beautiful spring day.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 18, 2014, 07:35:43 PM
Went to Oskapallooza!  The first mini-rally of the season.  A great ride with good friends (first time with a kid I used to babysit.  Boy am I old!), had an excellent greasy cheeseburger, and enjoyed a beautiful spring day.
what's oskapalozza?
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 18, 2014, 07:39:20 PM
what's oskapalozza?

It's a one day biker rally in a small town called Oskaloosa. They have all kinds of vendors (t-shirts, jewelry, leather, etc), food, bands, a bike show, and a car show.  It's held once a month during spring and summer.  People come from all over.  There were even a couple of dune buggies from Missouri. 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

piabee

Patio boating on Shasta Lake.

totiusque

Campout with other Traditional Catholic fathers and their sons with some fishing, canoeing, kayaking, grilling, baseball, and hiking.  Good times.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 18, 2014, 07:49:03 PM
what's oskapalozza?

It's a one day biker rally in a small town called Oskaloosa. They have all kinds of vendors (t-shirts, jewelry, leather, etc), food, bands, a bike show, and a car show.  It's held once a month during spring and summer.  People come from all over.  There were even a couple of dune buggies from Missouri.

Dymphna, have you ever been to Sturgis?  I haven't but usually get an eyeful of people on their way.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dymphna17

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on May 19, 2014, 06:06:29 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on May 18, 2014, 07:49:03 PM
what's oskapalozza?

Dymphna, have you ever been to Sturgis?  I haven't but usually get an eyeful of people on their way.

Yes, we rode up last year.  We started picking up tons of riders just outside Kansas City and couldn't believe how many bikes were on their way up.  We stayed at a family friendly camp ground and stuck with the tamer entertainment and had a blast.  The most fun is watching all the people and seeing the beautiful bikes.  It can get pretty dicey, but if you are on the watch out for yourselves there are ways to do it well.  Fortunately I've got family in the area up there so we made it a family reunion as well.  We hope to do it again soon.
?

Bonaventure

Lifted, had a luncheon at a high class Fisherman's Wharf seafood joint, and now head into one of the nicest ballparks in the country.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

MilesChristi

Asked a girl for coffee next saturday, found another girl to give me singing lessons (older, trying to start a studio), going home for the weekend (my friend's birthday tonight), saw Godzilla, planning my Europe trip. Thank you God for all Your blessings!

Enviado desde mi SCH-I545 mediante Tapatalk

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Hector, Tamer of Horses

A bit of a thread resurrection, but I enjoy reading about what other people do, so I might as well try bringing this back to popular attention with my own doings.

Spent the day with a friend in downtown Ventura.  The plan was to hit a bunch of antique stores, but we spent nearly the whole day in just two stores.  Then stopped at a wine bar for a glass before taking a picnic on the beach.  Didn't take any swimming clothes, but we waded into the water and I'm sure looked semi-Victorian.  Then a walk on the pier and home.  Lots of fun.
"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."

-Dr. Johnson, Rasselas

Heinrich

Quote from: Hector, Tamer of Horses on June 13, 2014, 10:00:48 PM
A bit of a thread resurrection, but I enjoy reading about what other people do, so I might as well try bringing this back to popular attention with my own doings.

Spent the day with a friend in downtown Ventura.  The plan was to hit a bunch of antique stores, but we spent nearly the whole day in just two stores.  Then stopped at a wine bar for a glass before taking a picnic on the beach.  Didn't take any swimming clothes, but we waded into the water and I'm sure looked semi-Victorian.  Then a walk on the pier and home.  Lots of fun.

Sounds like something Arun would do. Maybe you should hit him up next time you are in NZ.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Daniel

Today I went to a picnic with the families of the church I go to.  I think Penelope organized it.  It was a beautiful day and I had a great time.  Deo gratias!

Larry

Went to a good steakhouse tonight with three trad friends and a youngish priest from the area who loves the True Mass. Great food and conversation.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

totiusque

Poker game on Friday and Paintball on Saturday with fellow traddies.  Good times.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross