Consecration of the forum to the Sacred Heart of Jesus - A Request

Started by Kaesekopf, June 07, 2013, 04:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Lynne on April 19, 2018, 02:42:57 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 19, 2018, 02:21:24 PM

I should find someone to bump this thread monthly.

I volunteer! I'll set up a reminder for myself to bump it on the first of the month.

:grouphug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Xavier

Since it's May next month - Mary crowning month - hope we can have an entrustment to the Immaculata, or a forum consecration to the Sacred Heart through the Immaculate Heart prayer.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Lynne

This coming Friday will be the First Friday of May. I will post another reminder on Thursday.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Lynne

Quote from: Lynne on April 29, 2018, 05:17:25 PM
This coming Friday will be the First Friday of May. I will post another reminder on Thursday.

First Friday Bump!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Thank you for bumping this :)

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

PerEvangelicaDicta

To make the First Friday Devotion, let us prepare ...

As we prepare ourselves to worthily celebrate this First Friday, let us think of these things. Let us think of how much Our Lord has loved us – so much so that He gave up His life for us. Let us recall how much He has given of Himself in the Sacrament of His Body and Blood, to renew us, refresh us and to bring us eternal life and nourishment.

Let us think of something else as well.For in the Third Great Apparition to St Margaret Mary, Our Lord states that this incredible gift of the Eucharist is so often rejected – and even despised – by those grown cold in their hearts. Let us not forget this tragedy.

So how do we behave on this First Friday? Do we need confession, to worthily receive His Body and Blood in Holy Communion?

In what mind do we present ourselves for Holy Mass? How do we acknowledge His coming to us, as the Priest utters the words of consecration and Our Lord becomes present on the altar?

Let us look at how we approach the altar, to receive our Blessed Lord in His Sacrament. And once received, how do we express our gratitude?

The Sacred Heart of Jesus appeared to St. Margaret Mary, speaking of the ingratitude we men offer Him, in return for His ardent and passionate love for us. We have been ungrateful regarding His Sacred Heart, which is enflamed with passionate love. For it is, as the Litany of the Sacred Heart states, a 'Burning furnace of Charity'.

As we begin the First Friday Devotions, let us look to the words of the Sacred Heart when He said:

My Divine Heart, is so inflamed with love for men ... that, being unable any longer to contain within Itself the flames of Its burning Charity, It must needs spread them abroad ... and manifest Itself to them (mankind) in order to enrich them with the precious treasures which I discover to thee, and which contain graces of sanctification and salvation necessary to withdraw them from the abyss of perdition.

Let us not forget these words of burning love for us and worthily receive Holy Communion each First Friday, being fully aware of all that Our Lord is asking of us, in terms of reparation and gratitude. Let us also be aware of the graces that are bestowed upon those who worthily receive Him in Holy Communion. With all this in mind, let us approach each and every First Friday, reverently, gratefully and with love.

Cor Jesu, fornax ardens caritatis, miserere nobis.

http://corjesusacratissimum.org/introduction-devotion-to-sacred-heart-of-jesus/the-first-friday-devotion-to-the-sacred-heart-of-jesus/
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Lynne

Lynne

Lynne

Lynne

Lynne

Kaesekopf

Lynne

The First Friday of December is tomorrow! (as late as it could possibly be this month)  :)